Hey @vaurien ,
@GreenAsJade thank you so much for thinking of BadukClub,
Thanks for the summoning spell @benjito
I actually have already built his, haha. I got the idea a while back from Paul Barchilon of the Boulder Go club because I was just calling up organizers and asking them what they’d like to see. (Hint hint)
You can access it via Online Baduk Meetup
However I haven’t touched or even looked at that page in quite some time.
Even just briefly looking at it now I can see all sorts of things I’d want to change visually to improve clarity and usefulness. The page currently only accepts Fischer time, but that is easily fixable.
Yes and no.
- I am a giant fan of open source and believe in it 100%
- I built BadukClub with the specific goal in mind of collaborating with other folks.
- Toward that end, I build it using a “no-code platform” called Bubble with the intention that literally anyone could then become a contributor since building on Bubble is as simple as drag and drop along but with the power of creating apps like Uber of AirBnB. And it truly is easy to use, especially if you have a coding background.
- Much like Anoek, I’ve created an absolute nest of “code” to pick through in a race to try and get as many new features pushed live as possible. So explanation would be needed.
- Additionally, version control is complicated and while it is possible for me to publish the “code” for anyone to see, it is actually tied to the database directly. There is however the option for me to add contributors and to limit their access.
So, if you are so inclined to build together I’d be happy to chat further over private message. This also goes for any future people reading this.
@vaurien please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I absolutely love the Grenoble Go Club! It is one of my favorites in the all the world and would be delighted to support in any way I can.