Plan to add servers in Europe/Asia?

Adding servers seems a bad idea because a new server will have few users. I like OGS now because there are usually at least 1200 users online and I can get an even game quickly. If you start another server and it only has a couple of hundred users, I’ll never use it, even if it’s in my back yard.
Why not just increase the capacity of the current server?

Why do you make that assumption that a new server would operate with a separate user base?

3 Likes

Well, is it true, or isn’t it? Will users on one OGS server be able to see, and accept, open challenges from users on another OGS server?

Well, I don’t know for sure, since I’m not involved in development or maintenance. But one statemant was ‘The problem is that right now all of the servers that run OGS are located in the eastern United States.’

So we play on ‘all the servers’ today, which implies more than one. Yet we don’t have separate user bases. That makes me think adding yet another server won’t change the picture. But again, I don’t know, I’m just guessing.

1 Like

Anoek has already addressed your concern in a previous discussion of this venture :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.