Preferred settings

5.1-4130-g8798a27e

1 Like

And while your in there

JSON.stringify(data.get("preferred-game-settings"))

run that and paste me the results, maybe I can reproduce it over here by using your settings

‘5.1-4130-g8798a27e’

I deleted all saved settings and now unable to recreate it
maybe saved in old version games are needed?
But that means, others still will be able to create null periods games.

“[{“initialized”:false,“min_ranking”:-1000,“max_ranking”:1000,“challenger_color”:“random”,“game”:{“handicap”:0,“time_control”:“fischer”,“challenger_color”:“black”,“rules”:“japanese”,“ranked”:true,“width”:19,“height”:19,“komi_auto”:“automatic”,“komi”:5.5,“disable_analysis”:false,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“initial_state”:null,“private”:false,“rengo”:false,“name”:“:dolphin:”,“time_control_parameters”:{“system”:“fischer”,“speed”:“correspondence”,“initial_time”:86400,“time_increment”:28800,“max_time”:259200,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“time_control”:“fischer”}},“aga_ranked”:false,“board_width”:4,“rengo_auto_start”:0},{“initialized”:false,“min_ranking”:-1000,“max_ranking”:1000,“challenger_color”:“random”,“game”:{“handicap”:0,“time_control”:“byoyomi”,“challenger_color”:“black”,“rules”:“japanese”,“ranked”:true,“width”:19,“height”:19,“komi_auto”:“automatic”,“komi”:5.5,“disable_analysis”:false,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“initial_state”:null,“private”:false,“rengo”:false,“name”:“:dolphin:”,“time_control_parameters”:{“system”:“byoyomi”,“speed”:“live”,“main_time”:60,“period_time”:10,“periods”:5,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“time_control”:“byoyomi”}},“aga_ranked”:false,“board_width”:4,“rengo_auto_start”:0},{“initialized”:false,“min_ranking”:-1000,“max_ranking”:1000,“challenger_color”:“random”,“game”:{“handicap”:0,“time_control”:“simple”,“challenger_color”:“black”,“rules”:“japanese”,“ranked”:false,“width”:19,“height”:19,“komi_auto”:“automatic”,“komi”:0.5,“disable_analysis”:true,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“initial_state”:null,“private”:false,“rengo”:true,“rengo_casual_mode”:true,“name”:“Friendly Match”,“time_control_parameters”:{“system”:“simple”,“speed”:“live”,“per_move”:45,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“time_control”:“simple”}},“aga_ranked”:false,“board_width”:4,“rengo_auto_start”:“4”},{“initialized”:false,“min_ranking”:-1000,“max_ranking”:1000,“challenger_color”:“random”,“game”:{“handicap”:0,“time_control”:“byoyomi”,“challenger_color”:“black”,“rules”:“japanese”,“ranked”:true,“width”:19,“height”:19,“komi_auto”:“automatic”,“komi”:5.5,“disable_analysis”:false,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“initial_state”:null,“private”:false,“rengo”:false,“name”:“:dolphin:”,“time_control_parameters”:{“system”:“byoyomi”,“speed”:“live”,“main_time”:60,“period_time”:45,“periods”:5,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“time_control”:“byoyomi”}},“aga_ranked”:false,“board_width”:4,“rengo_auto_start”:0},{“initialized”:false,“min_ranking”:-1000,“max_ranking”:1000,“challenger_color”:“random”,“game”:{“handicap”:”-1",“time_control”:“fischer”,“challenger_color”:“black”,“rules”:“japanese”,“ranked”:false,“width”:19,“height”:19,“komi_auto”:“automatic”,“komi”:5.5,“disable_analysis”:false,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“initial_state”:null,“private”:false,“rengo”:true,“name”:“:dolphin:”,“time_control_parameters”:{“system”:“fischer”,“speed”:“correspondence”,“initial_time”:86400,“time_increment”:25200,“max_time”:259200,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“time_control”:“fischer”},“rengo_casual_mode”:false},“aga_ranked”:false,“board_width”:4,“rengo_auto_start”:0},{“initialized”:false,“min_ranking”:-1000,“max_ranking”:1000,“challenger_color”:“random”,“game”:{“handicap”:"-1",“time_control”:“simple”,“challenger_color”:“black”,“rules”:“japanese”,“ranked”:false,“width”:19,“height”:19,“komi_auto”:“automatic”,“komi”:5.5,“disable_analysis”:false,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“initial_state”:null,“private”:false,“rengo”:true,“name”:“:dolphin:”,“time_control_parameters”:{“system”:“simple”,“speed”:“correspondence”,“per_move”:43200,“pause_on_weekends”:false,“time_control”:“simple”},“rengo_casual_mode”:true},“aga_ranked”:false,“board_width”:4,“rengo_auto_start”:“0”}]"

2 Likes

@_Sofiam , you had this bug too?

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Alrighty that did it, thanks for the debugging assistance both of you :slight_smile:

Should be working now

4 Likes

Yes it works here now. Thank you!

1 Like

Off topic but this just makes me feel like:

We're not worthy

d2bdebf4-01a0-4b45-84a3-e65976ce44d7

4 Likes

I have a similar problem, which persists.
Screenshot_20220711_141154_org.mozilla.firefox

I will try reporting it as a bug as indicated by @benjito.

Btw, I carried out the test again and although saving current settings as a preferred setting caused the komi to change from automatic to 0.5, when I selected ‘Use’ the Komi remained as ‘automatic’. However, when I tried to extend the test and use a different, specific komi, I found that Custom komi was not allowed. I don’t understand why not.

I think it would be an excellent idea to be able to name a set of preferred settings, especially if others could adopt the settings just by reference to the name.

My guess here, taking the screenshot into account, could be that you were trying custom komi in combination with ranked, which isn’t allowed.

Is that possible?

Yes, that’s right. The problem remains of “automatic” komi in the selected settings turning into 0.5 when saving current settings as a preferred setting, even though it seems that is turned back into “automatic” upon selecting “Use”.

Btw, @benjito, I created an account on GitHub especially to report this but, frankly, it’s all Greek to me in there and I think it would be better if someone with the right expertise could pick up bug reports made here in plain English and file them suitably in GitHub, as I’ve no idea whether or not I’ve done it right and could have done without having to create an account for a system I haven’t the slightest idea how to use.

Edit: I did post a comment at what I think was the right place on GitHub, linking to my description here.

1 Like

I have done a couple more tests with dummy challenges to other players with stronger rankings. It seems that despite komi being shown as 0.5 in the display of the preferred setting saved when komi was actually set to ‘automatic’, whenever I ask to use it, it does set the komi to automatic. I will still not wish to recommend using preferred settings (as earlier envisaged) for our regular Club games, because there will be uncertainty on the part of those who try to set them up, due to this anomaly.

Edit: typo – post → part

Another issue with Preferred Settings is that when you ask to save current settings, it includes the game name, despite not displaying that when showing the list of preferred settings. This is wrong. Game name is not a part of settings one wants necessarily to duplicate and if it was, it would be desirable to display it. I will try to add this to GitHub.

Edit (not allowed a further reply to myself):
I failed to report the further unwanted (by me, at least) feature (game name saved as part of a preferred setting), as I had no idea how to do that and haven’t had the time to try and become familiar with GitHub, though I am trying to help improve the system with my words,

[I cannot remember how I managed to report the first anomaly (komi auto/+0.5 disparity). Luck, I suppose. I only linked back to the forum post anyway, so I don’t know how helpful that would be.]

When I worked in computers, you had people called users and people called developers. I am a user of OGS. I don’t know the first thing about how it’s built or how systems are developed on GitHub. Somebody who does know about all this took the trouble to develop the code for Preferred Settings. Good idea! I would like to help that person (or anyone else who is capable and willing) perfect the functionality. What should I do?

1 Like