Profilenewtabgame

Had no idea what to name this :D! but anyway another player jojotus mentioned that when you get into a game with someone and want to check there profile you know how you click the normal “i” thing well it changes the game tab and brings you into there profile making you have to go back to the game by hitting the back button or something is it possible to make that open in a new tab ? like how it is in the channals when you click the “i” icon?

1 Like

You can also use universal middleclick on the username.

Only problem is that, sadly, “universal middleclick” is not universal. I use OS X, no middle click except with extra tools I don’t want to use.

I have no idea what a universal middle click is haha but I use a laptop so if you mean that little rollie thing in the middle of a mouse I don’t got one hooked up to my laptop :frowning:

Every browser and operating system has something equivalent to middle clicking.
I wouldn’t see why using those would fail.

[quote=“Pempu, post:5, topic:1902, full:true”]
Every browser and operating system has something equivalent to middle clicking. I wouldn’t see why using those would fail.
[/quote]Really? I’ve been using computers regularly since, uhm, 1981 (just so that you know I’m not a n00b), and I can’t find that on my OS X 10.8.5. I’d be very thankful if you enlightened me :slight_smile:

TIA, Tom

I don’t use a mac but using google there seems to be many different ways to get middleclick for browsing use. Some of those might only work for specific browsers though. Command+Click seems to be something widely advertised as “middleclick”

[quote=“Pempu, post:7, topic:1902”]
Some of those might only work for specific browsers though.[/quote]OK, that already makes it somewhat less than “universal” :expressionless:

[quote]Command+Click seems to be something widely advertised as “middleclick”[/quote]Thx, I just tried it (again), to no avail. Using Google Chrome.

Does it work on normal links, such as the ones on the left nav bar? I can’t remember at the moment whether that info symbol is a special element of if I just made it a normal link. I was under the impression though that there was a way to do this on mac - it might just be that i need to add some special logic to support the same thing when I’m overriding the default link behavior for whatever silly reason i had.

1 Like

Ok. Sorry. It seems my universe is not so universal after all.

1 Like

I asked the exact same question some time ago and it didn’t get any love… :frowning:

Middle click or control-click or right-click work everywhere on the site except in the game window.

Win7 and latest firefox.

1 Like

[quote=“anoek, post:9, topic:1902, full:true”]

Does it work on normal links, such as the ones on the left nav bar?[/quote]Yes, cmd+click opens these links in a background tab (and cmd+shift+click opens opens them in a foreground tab), the expected behavior in Chrome/OS X.

UMMM even if its possible for a secret button to click it into a background window don’t you think with the new escaper rule coming up now is needed more then ever for it just to simply link too another page on its own? a lot of new players won’t know the escaper rule and won’t know that it doesn’t open in a new window so theyll click it anyway and itll open and theyll wonder around the page for a minute before getting back to there game whenever I come across a new dan player I always take a quick look at there record before I make a move so I think even before the escaper rule was coming it should still simply link to a new window not a lot of people know all these “ways of opening it in a new window”

Btw this should be fixed on the beta site if you guys want to test… i don’t have a mac available to test on, but I think cmd+click should now open profiles in a new tab, as well as games in a new tab if you click it on the turn indicator. Let me know! :slight_smile:

middle clicking someones name opens their profile in a new tab on most stuff.

What is CMD stand for? whenever I just click it even on the beta site when I am in a game it still just closes out of the game :expressionless:

[quote=“flowing, post:15, topic:1902, full:true”]middle clicking someones name opens their profile in a new tab on most stuff.[/quote]Uhm, are you sure you read this thread? :wink:

[quote=“Mikasa, post:16, topic:1902, full:true”]What is CMD stand for? whenever I just click it even on the beta site when I am in a game it still just closes out of the game [/quote]That’s short for the “command” key on Apple Macintosh computers running OS X . Used to be called “Apple key” back in the day when they also had the  sign on them, now they only show “cmd” and ⌘ (AKA “propeller”). Microsoft copied this to create their “Windows” key.

1 Like

pretty much. I notced some where complaining they couldn’t force the (i) link to open up at another target as the current tab, however, using the (clickable) user name directly works at least with middle click.

So you did NOT read the whole thread, right? Middle click is not available for everybody :wink:

1 Like