Publish a new (completed) translation into OGS

HI, I have a question about translation of OGS server to a new language. I worked on the translation to Belarusian language and finished with all words and sentences there, but I’m not sure what should I do next to be able to see Belarusian language in the list of available languages on OGS settings. Could someone help me to figure out with next steps I should to do to release my translation on the server?

Should I open new issue in the Github repository of OGS?

9 Likes

First off, huge thanks. It is not every day that we get to add a whole new language :smiley: must have been a huge ammount of work.

Opening an issue at Github couldn’t hurt, but I’ll just let @anoek our developer know. I think he’s currently the only one who can add the language in.

Thanks again

7 Likes

Thank you for so fast answer and clarifications!
I’ll contact @anoek

5 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks for doing that @xhebx ! I’ll add it today to the beta server, I’ll post a followup here when it’s up (shouldn’t be that much longer, I’m already working on it)

6 Likes

HI @xhebx, the Belarusian has been activated on the beta site, https://beta.online-go.com - there you can give it a once over to make sure things look appropriate, fix anything that needs fixing, and we’ll get it up on production. Thanks again for the translation!

6 Likes

Thank you a lot, I’ll check it, probably there will be some inaccuracies that will require fixes.
When I’ll finish with that I’ll let you know

7 Likes

Hi @anoek, I verified my translation more carefully on the beta site and fixed few issues I found there. Now it is ready to be deployed to production environment.

I have one small note from my side - to capitalize first letter of the language name in the list of languages. It will look more consistent.

7 Likes

Great work @xhebx, thank you very much! And thanks for the capitalization note, I had just copy-pasted. It’s fixed now, and your translations are now on the live site.

Thanks again!

5 Likes

Wow, that’s great, thank you a lot!

4 Likes

Hello, I’ve made minor corrections to the translation. Please deploy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi again, @anoek, could you please deploy updated version of the translation? Thank you!

4 Likes

Done

4 Likes

thank you a lot!

Hi @anoek, I translated new portion of elements and it’s ready for releasing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks!

3 Likes