No problem. I play E6:

Okay, F8.

I cut at C7:

Hmm, difficult.
Let’s try C8.

B7

my answer is B8.

I play B5

If I am right about the functionality of neutral stones, playing B6 will lead to capturing the two black stones. Hope I am right.
So let it be B6 :grin:

It seems we were working with a different idea of the neutral stones in mind. Perhaps I did not explain the rules sufficietly. I say we end the game here with a “no result”.

Let me clarify how I envisioned it would work. The neutral stone is neither white nor black, it cannot be captured and it does not connect to white or black chains. Hence after White plays B6, Black can capture three white stones with A6, since they have no liberties anymore:

I don’t know how you thought the neutral stone works, but in any case, the game is not meaningful unless all players have the same rules in mind.

Let’s proceed with the game. It is an experimental game and every problem we encounter will make the game rules more clear. Investing in the future so to say.
What do the x-es mean?
My move is A7.

1 Like

With the Xes I wanted to indicate that the white stones are captured.

If the neutral stone is really neutral how can it be used by a player as a liberty limiting stone?
Maybe neutral stone is a misleading name.

1 Like

I am sorry that the rules were not clear. You can think of the neutral stone as a part of the go board that blocks a single intersection. This intersection doesn’t count as a liberty for any side, and the neutral stone can never be captured.

You are right, the name “neutral stone” is perhaps misleading, but I have no idea for a better name.

Are there further rules questions? If the rules are clear then I would be happy to play a new game :slight_smile: