Record of achievement

Finally, after 1 month and 13 days, I have reached my goal:
100-0

I started playing live games, but then switched to correspondance because I don’t have to be present for the whole game, and plus, I can play the best of my skill.

It doesn’t mean that I didn’t lose at all, as I lost two against very strong players, where my intention was to learn from them. (Unranked)

It always feels good to keep on winning, and I hope that it continues.

This achievement is to be recorded here, so I can look back of what I’ve done in the past.

bynum
September 27, 2016

1 Like

Sandb®agging, perhaps? :wink:

<jk> congratulations, I’m probably just envious :smiley:

(Although, TBH, a tiny speck of suspicion remains since, to my—admittedly small—knowledge, usually any player who progresses will win around 60% of their games, maybe 70%, maybe even 80%, but 100%? Wow, I believe this is quite unusual.)

4 Likes

If you look at the game history, you’ll see quite a number of cancelled&annuled games. OGS do not count them as rated losses. Still quite an achieviment. A bit strange, but impressive nonetheless.

1 Like

Kind of interesting how you use the flat white circles in combination with the slate stones. I used to use the flat white/black circles exclusively until I decided I should try something more realistic, and it took me a while to get used to it.

I am missing the point. How does crushing a hundred kyu players qualify as an achievement for a dan player?
I lost to a couple kyu players myself, and that was an achievement! (… for them of course).

4 Likes

^^ Nice

As I see it, it’s not much of a go achievement, it’s a kind of achievement one gets a badge for on game sites. Unbroken chain of 100 victories is not that easy to build even if it’s against weaker players. (And some of those games were against dan players… and there are many 9x9 games, which kyu players can, in principle, win against dan on a lucky day). Why would one want to do that, is a different question, I don’t see much point either.

2 Likes