Request: byo-yomi sound options

I got confused and lost a live game on time because I thought that the last period of byo-yomi was when the counter said 0. As I found out, the last period of byo-yomi is actually when the counter says 1. Is this the same as other servers? It isn’t the same as televised games in the NHK Cup which is why I might have been confused.

Shouldn’t the byo-yomi counter show the number of periods you have in reserve, not the current period? E.g. “I have 0 byo-yomi periods left in reserve, therefore I am on my last one”.

At least I think this should be an option. Actually, Tygem says “the last overtime” when on the last overtime. This could also be useful.

Another option which I would really like (and I sound like such an idiot saying this) is to have audio like this:

Ju byo…
Ni ju byo…
Ni ju go byo…
Ni ju hachi byo…

And then on the last byo-yomi the audio changes to this:

Ju byo…
Ni ju byo ichi, ni, san, yon, go, roku, nana, hachi, kyu, ju

Just like in the Japanese games :smile:

1 Like

I agree that some kind of sound during byo-yomi would be very helpful. When playing on desktop, the remaining seconds are shown under the mouse cursor which is nice, however playing on a tablet there is no mouse cursor, and thus there is no warning at all before running out of time.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.