(Resolved) Home page breakage? CANT LOG IN after clearing cookies

When I click on the Home page link, I get an error dialog then it says “You are not playing any games”.

Actually, I am playing 11, and these show up under my profile.

GaJ

2 Likes

Yeah, I also had that today … upon reload everything was fine again.

1 Like

Argh!

I cleared cookies to try to fix it (after reload and browser restart did not) and now my Chrome can’t log in at all: the same error happens on the login page - for both OGS itself and this forum!

Thankfully my Safari browser is still logged in so I can send this message, and also continue my games hopefully!

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

People are also reporting this in “Help” chat…

1 Like

When I logged in I got the X box as mentioned in the Help Chat. I thought I mistyped my password, so I did it again and got logged in fine. Everything is normal. I use Firefox.

1 Like

Thankyou GaJ for stating my problem for me. Same scenario 16days ago: https://forums.online-go.com/t/servers-down
Is there a list somewhere of what OS and browsers are supported for OGS?

1 Like

I don’t think this is a “not supported” problem. Chrome, for example, is clearly supported.

It’s a breakage - we just have to wait for devs to arrive and figure it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Guessing someone should tag @anoek and @matburt

2 Likes

Feels like a latency problem from the servers. Slow. Unresponsive…

1 Like

Yeah - I filed a bug in github, too, which sends an email - that’s the only way I know to contact them more directly.

2 Likes

Excellent question. My Explorer does not display more than the first 28 games, because the Game list control does not display. It also does not allow me to access the popup on people’s names, which means I can’t use it for challenges or messages. My Firefox is excellent, but has a “CSRF Failed” problem, which means I can’t create any challenges with that either! I sought help (Please Explain “CSRF Failed”), but it was never resolved. I am planning to get Chrome shortly.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the problem as well.

1 Like

I think all of these issues should be cleared up now, we had some intermittent server issues there for awhile

4 Likes

preliminary testing on my end cannot reproduce the error :slight_smile: good job

1 Like

OGS on Chrome appears to be working again. :+1: But what I find interesting is that during the ‘Intermittent server issues’, other browsers continued to work. Safari for GaJ and Internet Explorer 10 for me. There has to be a big clue as to the nature of the problem there.

Actually I find when Chrome is slow to load OGS or when I am getting repeated ‘Error submitting move’ messages, IE10 is consistently quicker and more reliable. However; IE10 is clearly not supported on OGS as many of the features simply don’t work or work incorrectly. Fair enough. I wouldn’t expect devs to prioritise compatibility with such an old browser. So my question, for anyone who feels competent to answer it, is:

What’s the best way to run OGS on an old computer? (In my case one with Windows8 and a very limited USB mobile broadband connection.) New Thread started as per BHydden’s suggestion.

1 Like

I understand that it is relative to OP but I also think this deserves its own thread.

1 Like

Kosh, you mis-understood!

I had the same problem on Safari.

The difference is I didn’t clear cookies on Safari, so I remained logged in at least. But I was still getting the problems.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Well in case of emergency, IE10 works well enough to keep up with correspondence games but many of the sites features don’t work properly or at all.

5 Likes