[resolved] Is there support in other language but this one? Where do I change my password?

It is not, but if you want to complain about it here, please start a properly named thread reserved for such a discussion, to avoid future confusion of users searching the forums. If other users find your comments worthwile, I am sure they will pitch in with other ideas.

But to be brutaly honest, we are mainly concerned with our website and I do not think too many users will find the idea to also try and improve discourse here relevant. (To put it simply we have enough problems in our own code to try and care about code of others :smiley: ) The point about the window staying open is IMHO very subjective and not really a source of any bigger problems. As with any software there is a learning and adjusting period, give it a few more weeks, maybe you will actually find there are practical benefits to what you original thought as annyoing.

2 Likes

Not subjective: I use the browsers back/forward button to answer messages since long ago, and the way I use it is best: in static page 1, I read everything I want to answer; in static page 2, reached after I clicked “reply” button in page one, I write my answer, and it is not lost if click “back” or “forward” while I am writing it - with a properly configured browser, which I use most of the time, and without a page header for page 2 that could try to force a page realod, which would discard my partial answer.

Here I cannot do this! I cannot see the original page, not even the parts I was looking at when I click “reply”! Opening it again in another tab is an option… but “reply” buttons cannot be “new tab/win” opened! Much worse than that: I tried to open the thread in a different tab, and it gave me the same content of the partially written answer! (…)

That will not help. I have used Discourse in another website for much more than “a few week” can be. I want/prefer other kinds of software, that are either flexible or less demanding - both of which Discourse is not to me.

I should not be expanding the off topic, there’s nothing constructive on horizon, but feels like troll is strong in me today. He would like to highlight that “I use” is the essence of subjectivity

4 Likes

Not subjective: I use the browsers back/forward button to answer messages since long ago, and the way I use it is best: in static page 1, I read everything I want to answer; in static page 2, reached after I clicked “reply” button in page one, I write my answer, and it is not lost if click “back” or “forward” while I am writing it - with a properly configured browser, which I use most of the time, and without a page header for page 2 that could try to force a page realod, which would discard my partial answer.

Here I cannot do this! I cannot see the original page, not even the parts I was looking at when I click “reply”! Opening it again in another tab is an option… but “reply” buttons cannot be “right click > browser menu > to new tab”.

(…)

I think one good reason for why it doesn’t work the way you want it to work, is that it encourages you to write multiple replies in a single post, instead of making a new comment three times to reply to three different people.
I feel this is kind of “the rule” here, since I see many people do this, and the discourse implementation itself asks you to merge posts if you try to write three answers in a row.

Also, you’re repeating yourself with your last post.

I want, and I think it is better, to write 3 answers for 3 differents posts. This way we may have discussion branches, instead one dish with much pasta in it.

Alright, my appologies, but I am pulling the plug on this one.

Given my beautifull white video, and OP’s comment in another thread I will consider the original issue resolved and am afraid the rest of the discussion have gotten way too off topic.

2 Likes