Review request IRL 12k vs 14k (OGS 8k vs 14k)

Hi there!

Here is a game I played against a friend at the Italian Championship last weekend.
According to European Go Database we were 12k (me) vs 14k (him).
On OGS our rank is different, especially mine. I don’t know why. Maybe because I play only correspondence games on OGS and can’t play very often live (both on OGS and in real life).

Anyway, here is the game.
It’s quite a silly game, full of mistakes, especially mines, but I’d like to have some suggestions and advice for me and my friend, who occasionally reads this forum.

I also made a review to write down some thoughts and explain some moves.

Well, I am usually not comfortable reviewing complicated fighty games (esp. for almost an equally ranked player), but since nobody else seems to wanna take a stab at it - here are my ideas to ponder upon:

and to hook you in - I think the game is still winnable, had you not passed :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Your review is lot of fun! Thanks! :smiley:

Timesetting where confy: 1:15 main time + 5 byoyomi periods. We ended way before byoyomi.
There are no excuses: I just played badly and few of your remarks are already in my review.

I am actually lazy to read and when I read I do it wrong (especially after white 236!), so maybe it’s better this way! :slight_smile:
But you pointed some situation that made me think about my attitude: I don’t read and then waste moves or lose opportunities.
Also pointless move 209 is due to bad reading: after white 208 I read a possible connect-and-die and made that move to fix it. Now I see that I was wrong.

So perhaps I should improve my reading skills… :sweat_smile:

thank you @AdamR for this revision, it’s been helpful for me too. (I am the white player)

2 Likes

Vow, move to kill lower left group was amazing, shown in review. That might have won the game.