Rules (updated June 16)

What are the procedures for players leaving and new ones wishing to enter? Is there a waiting list to join for the next month?

Thanks for organizing this league! It’s a really great idea establishing a live game ladder system!

2 Likes

I’d also like to know whether there’s a waiting list :slight_smile: This league looks great!

2 Likes

Hey @yebellz and @RoboTeddy,

We will reopen registration for February’s league on January 20th. You’ll be able to sign up from our website, http://www.peanutgo.org/tnl :smiley:

3 Likes

##UPDATE TO RULES:

A player must notify the admins prior to changing his/her username, for the convenience.

How are new players going to be added to the league? The promotion/demotion rules make sense, but only if there are no new players coming in. Are they going to be placed into existing classes after the promotions and demotions from the previous month take place, or something else?

We will insert the new players into the appropriate class by comparing their ratings (by 30th of the month) with other players. Promotions and demotions happen at the same time; the new players (if any) will be placed after the demoted player in the class. For example, if one existing player is demoted to the next class, yet another new player joins that class, the former will be at second last place and the latter will be at the last place.

Class placements serve as tiebreakers and player color deciders (I have created a poll on that, however, since there has been a debate.) :smile:

Thanks! Also - will currently registered players be assumed to continue, or do they also have to manually re-register each month to stay in the competition?

Yes, all current players will automatically stay in the league. :smile:

Rules updated on January 20.

What’s new:

• We will vote every month for next month’s time settings, based on a previously conducted poll.
  • To enter a league, a player must complete 15 ranked, 19x19 games with opponents of the same level. (In other words, we will not curve this time :P)
  • Player colors will be decided by random, based on a previously conducted poll.

Hello,

About the random color : does it apply right away, or only to the February games ? Many thanks.

What is the procedure if a current league player wishes to drop out for the next month but return at a later date?

The random color rule applies to February’s league games, and so on. :smile: There are still 11 days left!

The player will contact the admins. The admins will adjust the reports accordingly and forfeit any upcoming games in the same month. Meanwhile, it’s the player’s responsibility to notify his/her opponents of the drop-out.

Comebacks are always welcome! :smiley: Registration for each month will be open on 20th of the previous month.

1 Like

Rules updated on February 1.

What’s new:

• You don’t have to report the game start times to us anymore. Just remember to show up at the scheduled time and finish all your games by end of the month! :smile: (No-show penalties still apply.)
1 Like

What is/how does the no show penalty work?

Rules updated on June 16.

What’s new:

• A brand new scoring system is introduced! Win your games and do more reviews! :smiley:

The TNL admin will be shunned for his 113-day-late response to this…

1 Like

“rules are updates” / just for all those ppl who cannot find stuff in the forum unless the page gives you an updatestatus (like me)

and realizes that i should have recieved that from the post made 7h ago, … strange…

So from my understanding, the points earned for the reviews are added to the league score, and the ladder is reshuffled based on game scores ?

@hqrpie Correct!

2 Likes

Okay thanks ! There’s another thing I don’t understand : the current ladder is based on overall ratings (so, scores in the thousands), but we get one point per victory. How does the reshuffle work ? Many thanks :slight_smile:

And is there a standard for who reports scores, both for wins and reviews?

Also, as I understand it, you get 3 points for either giving or receiving or (more likely) giving and receiving a review of your own game, but not other players’ games. You only get points from reviewing other players’ games if one or more persons really likes your review and awards you one point apiece. Is this correct?