Show goban when opponent resigns rather than "poof" it's gone

When opponent resigns game, the game image disappears. (1) It’s disconcerting to load the page and the game has just vanished. Then you notice the little announcement that you’ve been re-challenged. (2) I’d like to see the image of the board when opponent quit. I don’t retain a memory of what the game’s previous state was, what the last move was. I’d rather see it and then have it go away rather than have to look it up. Maybe have a link to it? (Didn’t notice one and can’t check at this stage.)

3 Likes

It should be in your history: there’s a list of all your closed games with link to them. It’s in your profile page.

1 Like

Exactly. I meant at least a link in the empty space where the game is no longer shown that one can click on. It’s obvious that one can go searching through records to find it, having to do things the hard way is usually available. The point was not having to do it.

1 Like

There is also a link to the game in the ‘Game has Ended’ notification but I see what you mean. A kind of ‘scoring phase’ for resigned games before it disappears from the home and profile pages.

1 Like

Or just a recently completed games section?

1 Like

This would also help deal with the problem of missed chat in finished games…

Well, that’s a problem indeed — at least when the opponent doesn’t come back to that game. My current workaround is to copy my last chat entry/entries and paste it in a PM to the opponent.

Well, you can easily thank opponent in chat when a game ends normally but in resignation that will take additional action. Good to facilitate good etiquette. Compare DGS: when a game ends by timeout or resignation the notification includes a Send Message To button. That makes it easy to thank for a resignation (or maybe not for a timeout).

1 Like

Nice idea … maybe somebody can build this on Github since the front end is open source? I for one can’t.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.