Sidebar misplacement ("bug")

Since the v5 update, there seems to be an issue with the game right sidebar.

Basically it is overlaid in front of other elements. It ends up blocking some important information, like one of the game clocks, komi value, the resign button, and part of the game chat (and maybe something else, I cannot see).

This all happens even in its hidden state, which makes it very uncomfortable for playing and watching games.

Please review this issue at your earliest convenience. Here I leave a self-explanatory image:

Regards

• Juan
8 Likes

Came here to report this as well. Re-categorized to OGS Development.

I have the same problem. It seems to be fine when I put the browser in fullscreen mode, but normally it does overlap. Until it’s fixed I guess we can just put our browsers in fullscreen mode as a workaround.

2 Likes

thanks, I’ll try that meanwhile

Hi All,

What browser(s) and their versions are you using?

I’m I’m also experiencing this issue.
I’m using Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87

Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (on windows 10)

This version is up to date according to the browser itself

I do not have this issue with Chrome 56.0.2924.87 on Windows 7 x64, though. So maybe not the browser thing… or not browser only thing :slight_smile:

I have this issue on Chrome 55.0.2883.105 on ChromeOS.

It appears to be screen resolution based. I have dual monitors and when the window is on my 1920x1080 monitor, the side bar is fine. But if I move the window over to my 1366x768 monitor, the side bar overlaps.

4 Likes

Strangely, I also have Chrome 56.0.2924.87 on Windows 7 x64 and DO have this issue.

It probably DOES have to do with the screen resolution. Mine is 1600x900 and I see no overlap on both linux and windows.

I have the same problem, but in Firefox I can change the look of page by increasing or decreasing it by using keys CTRL + “+” or CTRL + “-” and decreasing solves the problem. But I have no idea if it works on other internet explorers.

We have marked this issue in the internal priority thread.

I too am having this problem on Firefox 54.0.1, on an 64-bit Linux Mint 18. My resolution is 1024 x 768.

Problem sorted (on my system anyway). Thanks a lot people.

I can confirm that on my laptop, the resolution is consistent with what RobertT said.

There seems to be a threshold, regrettably this is the max resolution I can get on my screen, so I cannot confirm whether it solves the issue after increasing it

Edit: my computer is quite old, some 5 years. Maybe some users don’t experience this because they have probably newer computers or models with better resolutions.

1 Like

As I reported above, I had this problem last night, but right now it is fixed. My resolution is 1366x768.

@Leira are you still seeing the problem? I think it should be fixed now

Nicely done, it seems to work properly even after resizing the window randomly.

In doing so, however, I came across a related problem. For small window sizes, the sidebar reverts to plain old widgets. While that in itself seems appropriate to me, two of them overlap: