Similar site that has almost identical forum design? Is this some standard coding template or something?

Hi I saw this website that has a very similar forum design to OGS or vice versa and was wondering why this is so.

I don’t have a technical background but am curious why this is so. Even if one were to use a similar programming language I doubt the entire design could be so similar. Is this some common forum template that people use? Where do you find it if so?

Website I’m referring to: https://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/welcome-to-the-htg-discussion-forum-read-first/10000

I’m pretty sure OGS forums uses Discourse, though why I know that I can’t quite remember.

2 Likes

Ah I see! So it’s a made-ready program. Thanks.

[quote=“timuzhti, post:2, topic:7978, full:true”]
I’m pretty sure OGS forums uses Discourse, [/quote]correct

[quote]though why I know that I can’t quite remember.
[/quote]Perhaps because … it is pretty? Functional? Modern? Easy to navigate once you’ve familiarized yourself with it? (I admit it took me some time, like … five and a half minutes or so :wink: )

IMHO it goes together with OGS itself quite well in all those points :slight_smile:

You know that, because the emails you receive from this forum, are sent from ‘discourse@forums.online-go.com’ :wink:

Oh! Maybe I deactivated email messaging that’s why I’ve not seen it.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.