Site Supporter Issue

check https://online-go.com/user/transaction-history

1 Like

Here are my last 3 transactions (I replaced sensitive information by XXX):
Feb 7, 2016 8:38:43 PM Supporter account, Credit card ending in XXX 3.00 7xfh6m
Jan 29, 2016 6:02:40 AM Supporter account, PayPal account XXX 3.00 3G440549HB151313C
Dec 29, 2015 5:08:24 AM Supporter account, PayPal account XXX 3.00 0H995862T75734145

My history shows that I used to pay on the 29th of each month. I probably changed my payment method on Feb 7th (I thought I did it in January), but I would expect this to bring me up to March 7th. In any case, it proves I did do at least one valid payment with my credit card.

Anything else I could verify ?

I’ll check on this tomorrow

2 Likes

Sorry to say so, but: same problem here.

Me too. I suspect it’s because my credit card had expired. Can I simply click the ‘donate’ button and set it up again?

Suggestion: try to get some statistics on how people would like to pay. Obviously I’m not the only one who doesn’t like the current option of paying something every month via Paypal.
Personally, I’d like to pay €20/year by any of: credit card, direct bank transfer, or bitcoin. I will never, ever, use any method that involves Paypal (why?). It’s not worth even a few minutes of the developers’ time to enable one person to donate €20/year but maybe if you found out that there were X users who wanted to use direct transfer, Y users who wanted to use bitcoin, etc you could identify which method is worth some effort to enable.

Credit card payment are possible, that’s how i roll :3
Also you can choose your montly payment from 1 USD to 25 USD, so 20e/y is about 2d/m

But I don’t want piddly little charges cluttering up my credit card bill every month. I want to pay €20, and then not see ads for a year.

1 Like

@Nickj The current issue is about seeing adds when already a supporter. If you would like to discuss or suggest new payment methods/schedule I suggest that you make yourself heard on this discussion, the link points to a similar request.

Hey @matburt, any progress on this issue so far ?

The problem was resolved by itself. I guess the automatic payment on March 8th helped. I hope my vacation days were properly computed during that time.

Sorry folks, been pretty busy but I haven’t forgotten about you. I’ll check on this this evening.

2 Likes

Exactly three weeks of seeing those banners for no reason already. Any ideas so far?

Having the Problem for a few days now as well.

I am a Supporter already. Checked my PayPal but everything looks fine. My profile doesn’t say I am a Supporter anymore.
When I click on become a Supporter ogs says I am already one… Please help me

Okay, everyone should be fixed up now, including you @IcedEarth :slight_smile: Sorry about that!

@jnkstry, see my PM to you… we can discuss this more there rather than on this topic.

3 Likes

Great, it’s working as expected now :smiley:

@matburt, could you please also address my first question here about the subscription functionality? When I was ill and got into a hospital, I’ve cancelled all my auto-payments, and OGS has brought a surprise then.

Hello

again

Same problem here, became a site supporter yesterday, chose Credit Card but ads are still there and no mention of me being a supporter on my profile. When clicking to become a supporter I’m told that I am. What should I do? Thanks for your help.

Sorry for the delay @regisrain , sometimes (often) I miss stuff on the forums - I’ve patched up your account, sorry about that! I’m going to be revamping the supporter system soon to permanently fix all these issues. Thanks for the support!

If/when others find this thread, it’s best to email me directly at contact@online-go.com and I’ll get you fixed up ASAP.

4 Likes

It may not be the worst idea to modify the “Contact Information” page to include this. Right now, I would expect most people reading that to understand that they should not email to get support for this.

3 Likes