Stone removal incorrect?

i’m white here. it seems i won this game but i think my opponent kept removing my stones in the upper left during stone removal phase. i kept trying to use autoscore and he kept trying to remove my stones. unless i’m wrong? the white stones in upper left can not be killed, correct? eventually i just resigned because he would not accept the autoscore unless this is a bug?

go game

1 Like

No this isn’t a bug just an abuse of the system by your opponent (or an honest misunderstanding but given the chat in the game I doubt that). Your group is alive.

I think you should call a moderator from the menu in the game and they might be able to overturn the result of the game as you clearly won.

Edit: After looking through the game, it seems your opponent just didn’t think it was possible to make a live group in the top left (and it shouldn’t have been of course but he kept passing).

1 Like

If the two players disagree about the scoring, the game continues. You can just pass, and if your opponent doesn’t move, he or she will run out of time. Why did you resign?

1 Like

I doesn’t look like they actually resigned, the image shows B+13.5.

If you go and look at the actual game, and in the chat it seems to me that Tenacious Flea, did try to carry on after disagreement and formed a perfectly alive group, but how are they to finish the game if their opponent keeps marking a group as dead. You can’t really do much more to demonstrate that a group is alive than to have it solidly connected with 2 eyes right?

1 Like

True, that’s what it looks like. Sorry for being too lazy to look it up myself :slight_smile:

So, apparently, there is a way to prevent yourself from losing, just by entering and exiting the stone removal phase. As StephenC20XX pointed out, calling the moderator is probably the only option then.

1 Like

Haha no worries :slight_smile: There was no link to the game.

And yes this seems to me to be a way you can prevent yourself from losing. I seem to recall this being discussed in the forum recently by many who know much more about it than I so hopefully someone else can chime in as well and advise on what to do in a situation like this.

thanks. yes, i did call a moderator in the game but nothing happened. eventually i just resigned. i wonder if a moderator can still overturn the result?

1 Like

Yes, a moderator can do that… As you already have used the “call a moderator”-button, it might help to write a moderator directly.

Also, if the game was played very recently, it might just take a while for a moderator to get to it

1 Like

After the game result is decided, a moderator can annul the result, but not reverse it, I think. Of course, if a moderator had arrived in time (they often do), the game would have been decided properly.

1 Like