Stone Secondary Colors Reversed in UI

Hello, I have noticed that the custom stone secondary colors (color of the last played marker, add move + sign) are reversed in the panel.

Screen Shot 2024-06-27 at 11.43.25 AM

White is on white and black is on black, but the two should be reversed. Easy workaround after you figure out what’s going on but I thought I’d mention it.

Also, on Chrome, when I try to move my mouse to access this color panel, the whole thing disappears. I managed to change it using tab and selecting the fields with my keyboard. To reiterate, when I click the secondary color box, the color picker comes up, but when I move my mouse to interact with it, the entire sidebar panel disappears leaving me unable to use it.

2 Likes

I can see how this would be confusing if you are using custom stone images, but I think this is the reasoning:

When you are configuring color without custom images, the secondary color is set to the opponent’s color so that it’s actually visible on the stone. If we were to use the primary color, they would not be visible.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 3.07.07 PM

All that to say, you are probably right the UI can be improved. I just want to make sure we don’t break the “custom colors only” case while we’re at it.

3 Likes

Oooh I see! No wonder I only became confused after I added custom stones. Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like