Story Behind Your Username and/or Profile Pic?

Yeah, the color of the beak and head is very similar. It’s probably easier to see in person than on a photo.

3 Likes

I genuinely can’t find the fox in the head. Can someone please help me figure this out.

2 Likes

It reminded me Fantastic Mr. Fox. Anyway I didn’t mean to criticize your drawing, I’m really on my cell phone and I see your image in a space smaller than my pinky’s fingernail. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

No no, yebellz, a “reference to go” is a reference you can take with you, no matter where you go. Like a “coffee to go”. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It is completely fine. It isn’t like I haven’t already told myself countless times how much I don’t like my cheetah drawing. Also now I can see it more. Thanks

2 Likes

So I recently changed my profile picture on the main site, from what it is right now on the forums, to this:

Statistics:

Dimensions: 160x160
Time it took to create: several hours
Software used: macOS preview lol
Are there any other stats: no

Symbols/References

It’s a nice, serene, moonlit night.
The dolphin is a symbol, from a song I wrote a long time ago (when I was 8!) called Dolphins. It came up in the most recent song I wrote (which this image is based on), listed above in the thread. There are several dolphins in this picture. (Insert something to do with 126739 here)
The cat is from when my cat, Al jumped on my keyboard and demanded to be in the picture. So I put him in the picture.
One of my friends wanted me to put a corgi in it, so I did.
The cat and corgi are sitting together on a mountain, watching the scene.
There is a slow-moving cruise ship in the background. (It’s from this youtuber who is really really good at this certain physics engine, and quite funny. I stole the ship from him :laughing:)
The ship in the top left was from my old profile picture.
If you count the stars in the sky, you’ll see 15! Fifteen stars!!! That’s like, more stars than I have in my house!
If you count 16, then look closely, that’s Mercury, not a star. That is a reference to a song my friend wrote, that inspired a song I wrote (that this image is based off of)

11 Likes

What… How…?
I thought preview is just for viewing images

3 Likes

have actually said the story behind it on chat
so really long time ago like age 6 or 7 played neopets
and went with school username (dachen1)
but forgot password so sis said do same username + 1
= dachen11
and so i stuck with dachen11

1 Like

Perhaps we could make a new topic called Story Behind Your Profile Picture?

Edit: I can’t split topics.

2 Likes

I always admired Kosh less for who he is, and more for what he MEANS.

B5 is the best

2 Likes

I think this thread is fine for discussing profile pictures. The topics are close enough that I don’t believe it warrants a split. I’ll just update the title; no sense in creating more clutter.

9 Likes

I grew up listening to a lot of David Bowie, and I’ve always been irrationally frustrated when someone pronounced it Bow-ie (as in, rhyming with Cow).

So you can imagine my delight when I realised that not only could I combine his name with my newfound interest, but I could also incidentally teach people the correct pronunciation!

9 Likes

My parents chose that name time before i was born :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

How boring. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wait until you hear the story behind his profile picture :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Kakuna is a cool looking pokemon and number were needed to be orginal

5 Likes

Thats a photo for a student id on my new university… i hope they do not reject the photo

10 Likes

Basically brawl stars players with a crown on top for my profile pic

I’ll pray for you. :pray: :prayer_beads:

2 Likes

Atorrante is a word that comes from the Argentine Spanish that is strewn with words and colorful phrases from lunfardo, a rich vocabulary born on the streets of Buenos Aires in the second half of the 19th century. Now considered a fixture of the Spanish language in Argentina (especially in and around Buenos Aires) and Uruguay, linguists cite the use of lunfardo as a defining characteristic of the Rioplatense dialect.

In lunfardo, the word atorrante commonly refers to one who avoids work and other responsibilities or one who lacks honesty and respect, with concern only for his own personal gain. In addition, atorrante carries the following meanings:
• when used to describe a man or a woman (atorranta in the case of a female) – scum, bum, tramp, layabout, crook, slacker, good-for-nothing, naughty, cheeky
• when used to describe a woman – whore, slut, easy, promiscuous
• when used to describe a child – prankster, mischievous, cheeky
• when used to describe an animal – mutt

The origin of the word “atorrante” is uncertain; however, there are two widely held explanations as to its etymological roots:
(1) It’s said that in the early 20th century, vagabonds and indigents slept inside huge cement pipes being installed for an important public works project in the City of Buenos Aires. Allegedly, the French-made pipes were emblazoned with the name of the manufacturer A. Torrent, and the men spending the night in these pipes gained the moniker “atorrantes” as a result.
(2) At the turn of the 20th century, unemployed men who came looking for work at general stores were offered the job of roasting coffee beans (to roast/toast = torrar). The raggedy-looking folks given this task later came to be known as atorrantes.

( copied from https://transpanish.biz/translation_blog/the-meaning-of-atorrante/ )

11 Likes