Supporter payment

I made payment via Paypal as supporter of OGS, but the site doesn’t recognize it yet. Needs it some time or is there some problem?

Hello!
Try deleting cookies associated with OGS. I was told that it helps sometimes.

1 Like

It didn’t help. I use Safari and Chrome on Mac OS and Safari on iPhone. All with same issue.

@sulcino, I have notified our developers, @anoek and @matburt, so this should soon be solved.

Hi @sulcino… it would probably be better to contact us via contact@online-go.com so we can get you straightened out.

2 Likes

Please fix this bug! Payment via PayPal made on August 15 has not yet been processed. Already informed by email. Thank you.

Terribly sorry Jujupari, you should be all set now!

1 Like

Hi, I’m seeing the same thing. I canceled the supporter status to increase my donation, but it seems that it didn’t pick up the new status.

edit: oh, and it would be nice if you could change your donation amount without losing your accrued vacation time…

Sorry about that! You should be fixed up now. I’m looking into what’s going on with our paypal integration right now.

Yes that is definitely on the list of things to fix / make better

1 Like

Hello,

What is the proper way to change the amount that I support OGS with? I started pretty low (didn’t know if I’d continue playing Go but still wanted to contribute) and want to increase it a bit.

On the supporter page I can only cancel it entirely, and that guides me to my Paypal account. Am I correct in understanding that I have to cancel my payment agreement through Paypal and then become supporter again? Does OGS see the cancellation immediately?

It’s a bit unclear to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@cloudedthoughtz, I’ve moved your post to this existing thread (just mentioning so ppl won’t wonder about questions being asked repeatedly :wink: )

Oh, and thank you for your ongoing support! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah really lame I know :frowning: It’s on my short list of thing to fix and make better.

3 Likes

All right, no worries. Now I know I am not missing anything blatantly obvious :wink:

I’ll go ahead and increase my support!

4 Likes

Hello, I am also having the issue where I subscribed a day or two ago via paypal and did not recieve the benefits

1 Like

Sorry about that @nchief, you should be all set now.

For the record we figured out (and fixed) what was causing that issue, anyone who became a site supporter within the last 3 or so weeks using paypal didn’t get updated correctly. The issue should now be fixed for any new site supporters, but there’s still about 3 weeks of supporters that haven’t been updated correctly, I’m working on an audit system to properly fix those up right now - everyone should be fixed up by the end of the day.

2 Likes

Ok, thankyou. I must say that was some impressive and timely resolution, thanks.

2 Likes

New month and OGS again didn’t recognize paypal payment.

Geeze. Sorry once again sulcino, I’m looking into it… again.

1 Like

Hi @anoek, same here, I thought I was a site supporter still (and it says so on paypal) but I see ads on the site today. Thanks.

1 Like

My next payment is due for transfer tomorrow, but I’ve lost supporter status, idk if it’ll be back tomorrow but it’s odd that I lose it in between. As a programmer I understand how this could happen, just doing my job of bug reporting.

3 Likes