The all-in-one democratic game

White to play, please vote!

That’s a lot of choices but, reminder, you can modify your vote during the time the poll is running, so no worry!

• B10
  • C17
  • H4
  • K3
  • K10
  • K11
  • K14
  • P12
  • Q11
  • Q12
  • Q13
  • R10
  • R11
  • S9
  • Other, please tell us.

0 voters

2 Likes

Ouf. I wanted to see O7 or O8 on that list, too.

1 Like

No problem. Vote “Other” in the poll and tell us exactly if O7 or O8 is your vote. (1 only by player)
O7 and O8 are suggested .
Players can vote for it by doing the same.

On my own view pushing black around here will strengthen white group but same time if black follow, it will help him in a way I rather not see happening (for the bottom area).

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: All-in-one democratic go game (how-to)

I vote O8.

1 Like

If it comes down to a draw between P12 and Q12, I’m prepared to support Q12 instead of my preferred move of K14. (voting closed 1h ago, so I cannot change it myself anymore in the poll)

draw
there also were new suggestions in “other”, lets give them a chance
pre

white to move

• P12
  • Q12
  • O7
  • O8

0 voters

1 Like

why adding new options if you already said just make two top options in the 2nd poll?

If you want to add new options, why exclude options that already have votes in the 1st round? The 3rd place option is not so far behind the top 2.

1 Like

My idea of the 2nd poll for move 54 with options have at least 1 vote in the 1st round, and everyone can have 2 votes, would look like this.

2nd poll of move 54 for white
  • Q12
  • P12
  • K14
  • S9
  • O7
  • O8

0 voters

because they were not included in previous poll
“other” option by definition has less chances
So I think if we going to do second poll, we need also to include what was inside “other” - to compensate not equality
options that were in first poll and lost I of course not included

I tried to vote, but this poll seems to trigger a bug. I get NaN% everywhere after voting (NaN = Not A Number, usually the result of dividing 0 by 0).

But other in the 1st poll didn’t even come close to win the poll, it only has 1, compared to K14 got 3. It doesn’t make sense

I’ll make a new one, never tried multiple poll before.

My idea of the 2nd poll for move 54 with options have at least 1 vote in the 1st round, and everyone can have 2 votes.

2nd poll of move 54 for white
  • Q12
  • P12
  • K14
  • O7
  • O8

0 voters

I’m now starting to vote “strategically”.

If the first poll had the option for 2 votes, I would have voted K14 + S9.

But now that I know that P12 is popular, I’m trying to get that off the table with a vote for the Q12 alternative (P12 feels too slow to me).

This voting becomes almost like a game in itself :wink:

2 Likes

(for people who don’t understand whats going on)
The first second poll is here(scroll up), polls by claire_yang are just experiments

https://forums.online-go.com/t/the-all-in-one-democratic-game-the-game/30369/1166

https://forums.online-go.com/t/the-all-in-one-democratic-game-the-game/30369/1166

yes, so if Creator of this Topic is not ok with this, I will delete it

1 Like

Well I am a bit surprised what is happening here now.

I come back 6hrs after the closing and there is like 3 polls for the second turn??

So first please it’s a months commitment, I gave a lot of my time everyday since months I can’t be on time 24/24 and I do more as what most people could.

The game is going on well, we are at the 50 something move and I really hope to please the most of us at all time, keeping open spirit.

Well I need a break maybe.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: All-in-one democratic go game (how-to)

@stone.defender
Adding the other suggestions in the second turn gas never been mentioned, I think it should be clear it’s better to try to keep the way we proceed and if we think a change may be better to see if the majority of us agree. Like @Conrad_Melville did with the clear majority idea
Btw I don’t have same opinion on this adding the others but I’m open to debate and even put my opinion aside if the majority has a different one as mine (like I did for the speed poll rule).

I am getting to the point where all this discussion about HOW we vote is starting to take the focus off the game :\

I am personally fine with voting once. If we have a tie - then we vote and do a tie breaker. Let’s keep it simple please. We’re only at move 54 and we’re 1129 comments into this thread.

I am enjoying reading and learning about different people’s various strategic approaches, but I feel like this voting discussion is a digression. Let’s keep playing please.

5 Likes

I agree completely. This topic is about the game. There is a separate topic for meta-analysis and mechanical discussions, in case anyone forgot. To keep the game discussion tidy and flowing, I moved 22 voting-system posts from here to there. Apologies if the resulting conversation is a bit disjointed.

3 Likes