The all-in-one democratic game

But other in the 1st poll didn’t even come close to win the poll, it only has 1, compared to K14 got 3. It doesn’t make sense

I’ll make a new one, never tried multiple poll before.

My idea of the 2nd poll for move 54 with options have at least 1 vote in the 1st round, and everyone can have 2 votes.

2nd poll of move 54 for white
  • Q12
  • P12
  • K14
  • O7
  • O8

0 voters

I’m now starting to vote “strategically”.

If the first poll had the option for 2 votes, I would have voted K14 + S9.

But now that I know that P12 is popular, I’m trying to get that off the table with a vote for the Q12 alternative (P12 feels too slow to me).

This voting becomes almost like a game in itself :wink:

2 Likes

(for people who don’t understand whats going on)
The first second poll is here(scroll up), polls by claire_yang are just experiments

https://forums.online-go.com/t/the-all-in-one-democratic-game-the-game/30369/1166

https://forums.online-go.com/t/the-all-in-one-democratic-game-the-game/30369/1166

yes, so if Creator of this Topic is not ok with this, I will delete it

1 Like

Well I am a bit surprised what is happening here now.

I come back 6hrs after the closing and there is like 3 polls for the second turn??

So first please it’s a months commitment, I gave a lot of my time everyday since months I can’t be on time 24/24 and I do more as what most people could.

The game is going on well, we are at the 50 something move and I really hope to please the most of us at all time, keeping open spirit.

Well I need a break maybe.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: All-in-one democratic go game (how-to)

@stone.defender
Adding the other suggestions in the second turn gas never been mentioned, I think it should be clear it’s better to try to keep the way we proceed and if we think a change may be better to see if the majority of us agree. Like @Conrad_Melville did with the clear majority idea
Btw I don’t have same opinion on this adding the others but I’m open to debate and even put my opinion aside if the majority has a different one as mine (like I did for the speed poll rule).

I am getting to the point where all this discussion about HOW we vote is starting to take the focus off the game :\

I am personally fine with voting once. If we have a tie - then we vote and do a tie breaker. Let’s keep it simple please. We’re only at move 54 and we’re 1129 comments into this thread.

I am enjoying reading and learning about different people’s various strategic approaches, but I feel like this voting discussion is a digression. Let’s keep playing please.

5 Likes

I agree completely. This topic is about the game. There is a separate topic for meta-analysis and mechanical discussions, in case anyone forgot. To keep the game discussion tidy and flowing, I moved 22 voting-system posts from here to there. Apologies if the resulting conversation is a bit disjointed.

3 Likes

All this chat about poll theory has made me a bit @w@

At this point I’ll run with either P12 or Q12, since they’re the same sort of move.

1 Like

I agree that P12 and Q12 are similar: both of them widen white’s upper side moyo.

But there is also an important difference: P12 is probably gote and Q12 is probably sente.

3 Likes

White Q12 wins the debate.

Time to discuss and suggest the next move!

Until we decide some changes we keep the way we used and please use the appropriate thread to discuss about our rules.
Thanks everyone to participate and newcomers are always welcome to suggest their move (and vote after)

5 Likes

I’m trying to figure out whether Q13 or Q11 works better for Black.

2 Likes

You don’t consider extension straight from the stone?
I mean like R11, Sorry.

There is a proverb on that “when attach, extend” well it’s just a proverb ofc.

1 Like

I did consider it, but R11 seemed like a gote move for Black.

Given that White has two weaknesses that can be exploited (1: allowing Black into the upper moyo, 2: putting the lower right group in more danger) it seems like Black can play a more aggressive/sente move at this point? Just my feeling

2 Likes

O sure, I would say that black has a bunch of stones around to make the proverb lying here

I m just careful about sente , you know take a cross cut Atari Atari both sente but then argh.

Here I feel to make hane looks still a bit dangerous because you will have to answer a threat of cut on the stones near the corner, and then if white get an Atari on R12 It’s the other side that white is going to isolate.

If black plays a hane, I expect white to counter-hane.

1 Like

I was considering something even crazier, clamp on the other side with P12, or attachment on the L17 with L16 or K17 (Or maybe I was just too influenced by the discussion on another thread about contact fighting :woman_facepalming: But really like to take back the control of the game for black), probably not the right timing yet.

Realistically, I prefer Q13 over Q11 if I were to pick one, simply due to Q11 can be clamped by Q10 later, or cut off, and have to run toward the center. But Q13 could lead to Q14 if white responds with P13. And I think the top right black group will be alive by that.

I am not sure about R11 either, it feels like white will then be able to save the lower right, or just get an outer influence starting with N7

3 Likes

I feel that when black resists white’s attachment, he will just be helping white to strengthen the upper side moyo.

So I would give white as little help as possible and just extend to R11.

3 Likes

If black plays R11, white certainly have no reason to play locally. And then if white plays N7, what would black play next?

No matter how big the bottom side is for black, the center is even bigger, for white to gain influence toward the center combined with an upper side moyo, and a lowe left moyo, I don’t think black can compete with all that, and it would be very busy to deal with all three. It might be too late when white gets stronger and stronger on the outside.

1 Like