The all-in-one democratic game

No need to hide (votes being always public). :rofl:
Perfect, it s just in case there are more other moves suggested as one.

Reminder (for new participants):
It is possible to add a new suggestion even during the poll. Use the thread to tell us and vote the ”another move” option.
Be careful that the poll deadline will not change.

1 Like

The follow-up for B7 depends on how white answer them, could range from a settle for black to rescue the three black stones exchange for some corners in the very lower left, to numerous ko fights result in complete swap of the upper left by sacrificing 9 black stones for the whole lower left, an early compromise for white to take the ko and keep the left territory, while black uses C17 as ko threats and take the C16 3 white stones and secure the upper left, or using all the ko threats inside the upper white moyo and create another potential semeai or secondary ko in the process, to even swap the lower right white for the upper left, or numerous other kinds of exchanges, like if some moves were involved in the ko to break through the M13 and Q12 gap, and create a whole mess on the upper right.

B7 is actually a very hard move to judge, and would still be an option after the G13 probe. But black needs to be very precise in using local forcing moves to create the ko.

2 Likes

We are 10 hrs only from the deadline of the vote (click here for direct access)

And only 8/17 participated. I worry a bit because we are back to the usual planning, 2-3 days discussing, one day voting!

I would go for B8

3 Likes

LAST BUMP! I promise, sorry

5hrs before closing…

1 Like

Black G13 wins the poll.

Time for brainstorming, what’s your suggestion for white move?

demo here

6 Likes

G12 and H13 both look natural and seem to work. If they somehow didn’t, then H14 would be the emergency damage control move.

4 Likes

I think we need to think about the move black would be playing next to get a better sense of how to respond to G13.

As I stated in my reply, the cut seem to create their own problems, the thing we need to consider is would black immediately push F12, or first create some ko inside white group on the left? And later use the whole upper left center as ko threats? Is there any way to avoid ko completely if black played moves around B7 (like C7)? If white answer with H14 I still feel it is probably still better to create the ko regardless than make any moves on the top. And if white answer with H14 (which looks gote locally), where would black’s next move to be (is the top moyo in danger? the lower right in danger? would black have enough just to push the boarder to the center?)

4 Likes

Hello, how is everybody out there?
It’s not because i keep silent till now that i’m not checking regularly if there are any more contribution.

So wassup? Difficult position should become even more attractive for all of us.

3 Likes

I guess nobody wants to suggest other moves than G12 and H13. Maybe we can start a poll with only these 2 options?

1 Like

There are 3 options in fact. (G12 H13 H14)
I am just a bit afraid to become a shepherd.

@claire_yang is asking a few things. anf i really appreciate if all levels of player try a bit more as just voting.

1 Like

All right, here are a couple stupid kyu questions. If we play H13 and Black plays G14, are we better off? If we play H14 and Black plays H13, are we better off?

2 Likes

To me the question is are we going to give up E12? (and the sente?) This would connect the right side group, with some consequences, like more aji in white moyo (E18 instead of C18) to invade and better yose on the right. Now if this aji has no use, because white defended in a stronger way, then it looks fine.

Can someone show me a BAD scenario for White if White plays G12 - I’ve played it out a few different ways, and they all seem to work out pretty well

1 Like

Well, @claire_yang suggested a few variations

some time ago

1 Like

What about something like this to avoid the D15 forcing move

a1

Force Black to commit to an invasion and then attack from both sides?

1 Like

Maybe black 4 will not be best. Claiire considered J12 in a similar position. Or we could just leave and hane at K17?

1 Like

White to play, please vote!

• G12
  • H13
  • H14
  • Another move, plz tell us.

0 voters

@gennan pointed out here that A18 is effective against the upper left group. Since that’s true, I wouldn’t favor move 3 in this sequence. The threat to cut off and kill the UL group is useful to White.

2 Likes

So, after White to G12

I want Black to play C18 because it ensures eye space for that group and I’m pretty sure it’s sente. As long as White makes a gote response (D18?) then I would like Black to somehow start a fight to cause mischief in the upper middle…

1 Like