There's no feedback option

OK, so there is a feedback option (I lied! Terrible of me, I know!). But it’s kinda hidden in the forums. What about people who do not care about the forums, who just want to play, and have some feedback to give? I had a bit of difficulty in finding a way of giving feedback, and had to think “OK, what would a programmer think, where would they expect a user to give feedback among all these bazillions of menu options? Hmm. There’s no feedback option in any of the menus (click click click through all of them). Forums, maybe? I mean, it’s kinda a talky thing, and programmers might group feedback with all the other talky things? It’s just random chat anyway, not like it’s any different from any other drabble on the forums — nothing the developers would want to pay attention to, just a water cooler talk for the users — so there it goes? Click, click, click. Oh, there’s a subforum for it. My psychology-fu is awesome!”

Yeah, so I found it. But I suspect you’re filtering your feedback drastically by placing it only here. It’s not the most discoverable place for something that’s crucial to improvement. “Forums” to me at least means something that’s basically extraneous to the actual site, kind of like a redirect to Google groups or something, not a place I’d expect important features to reside in. Something for users, not something for the developers to pay attention to.

1 Like

The developers are quite active in the forums.

3 Likes

I find a forum kind of the most obvious place to look for feedback. I mean, it’s not going to be under the “Tournaments” or “Leaderboards” tab, right?

Also, you do realise that the developers / programmers might actually enjoy partaking in the website themselves as well, and are not some kind of alien goblins whose only goal is to produce code (at least as far as I’m aware)

4 Likes

The forums are indeed one of the best places to discuss feedback. If we simply had some form to fill out, there would be no community engagement and sharing of ideas. Here, the pros, cons, and particulars of any feedback / suggestions can be examined by a large section of the community.

For a more direct link to the site, issues/suggestions can also be posted and discussed on the OGS GitHub

5 Likes

Now that you’re here, did you have any feedback other than “it’s hard to find where to give feedback”?

Also… Welcome! It’s great to have you here :slight_smile: the forums are very well engaged and I hope you’ll find it to be both a friendly community and a fount of knowledge!

5 Likes

GoTo
There are (almost) always
And there it is

4 Likes