Unable to chat on mobile

it’s impossible to write anything in the input line in game chat since it closes itself immediately. Has anyone had the same problem? Every other chat is fine.

1 Like

Could you please provide more information about what kind of phone you’re using and whether you’re accessing OGS through a browser (if so, which one) or one of the third party apps available?

Thanks

I’m using a tablet and chrome

1 Like

So for me I tap inside the text box, I write what I want and then there is a little tick in the bottom right hand corner of my keyboard.
Do you see something similar?

Well, I tap inside the textbox, the virtual keyboard opens, then it closes itself again after half a second, then the board changes size for another half second and then everything is as in the beginning.

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever experienced something like that, it was an issue with the keyboard I was using. I’d first try turning your tablet off and on again and if that doesn’t resolve it try restoring your system default keyboard or installing a new one.
Also, iPad, Android or Windows?

This behavior has persisted for months, since I first tried it. It only happens on ogs and only in games, not in main room chat. Also android

2 Likes

Have you tried ogs in different browser and with different keyboard? Just to help limit contributing factors

This happens to me too, but I have an unusual device and thought it was its fault.
My smartphone is an Asus Padfone: a 4’ phone that can be inserted in a 7’ tablet.
The tablet actually is just a second display + battery.
The 4’ works fine, but when I switch to the 7’ I have exactely the same behaviour as described.

Android 4. Default keyboard.

4 Likes

That is indeed a bizarre concoction of debugging difficulties haha I can see why you didn’t report it until now

2 Likes

mine is also 7’.

1 Like

This is happening on my tablet too! But what is interesting when I rotate the tablet and use landscape screen mode instead of portrait one the chat works fine?? :’)

1 Like

Might be time to tag in @anoek , @matburt and @GreenAsJade to see if they have any idea what could cause this bizarre behaviour?

1 Like

I also have better results in landscape, but not perfect.

1 Like