User behavior analytics

Continuing discussions on how to make OGS better, started in threads about new landing pages and forced handicap, is there any analytics on how users behave on the website? Like google analytics or anything else, that could help understand where users typically go, where they typically sit for a long, and what the pages from which they quit the website are. Without such analytics it is hard to think about ways to improve.

3 Likes

they open window with Chat in the morning and forget to close it until end of the day

8 Likes

I mean, as long as it’s done in a way that respects people’s privacy, I think it’s good to get an idea. (Also keeping in mind what stone says, biases in statistics can be difficult to see through)

1 Like

Lies! We never close it!

6 Likes

So you’re talking about site experience, not game experience. Am I right?
Most viewed pages, time spent per visit and so on…

I bet Anoek has something like that! :wink:

When I was younger, in the blogs age, we used to put some counter inside our pages. I remember flags for visitors countries.

2 Likes

Yeah, then that evolved into data trading, people started realizing they were giving up their privacy, and some of them started taking precautions.

For everything else, there’s Masterca… I mean Google Analytics.

I hope OGS never has to stoop down to that level :frowning:

1 Like

I think this might be what you’re looking for. yebellz

1 Like

Oh, no, I’m not looking for it: I’m saying that it’s outdated! :grin:

Now that I’m thinking about it: my blogs have been left unattended for many years now. Will them still be up? Creepy!

2 Likes

Yes, exactly. Like, very basic analytics to apply essential product management techniques to figure out what people do.

1 Like

More basic than what you’re asking for, but this is the most detailed data I’ve personally seen on “Where do people go?”: Top menu items get cropped on narrower screens · Issue #1374 · online-go/online-go.com · GitHub

6 Likes

It’s nice that /game is the highest. But does that mean 60% of people’s time is not spent playing the game?

1 Like

I think it is a matter of clicks (or single views) and not time.

8 Likes

There are only one developer, I think he is too busy to analyze user behaviours. So if u have a good idea, just post a poll at the forum.

As long as you don’t start sending newsletters or personalized ads or something…