Wanted feature: persistant analysis

Hi, I’, interested it a new feature, that the analysis I make during a correspondence game would persist across sessions.
If it is problematic for the server to hold the analysis (which is prefered, so it would persist across devices.) at least have them persist in the client using html5 client side storage.

3 Likes

Yep this is on the todo list

3 Likes

What about using the Malkovich log?

1 Like

+1 (is there a button?)

1 Like

What about using the Malkovich log?

This is just chat. Unless you want to type up all your move trees, it won’t really help.

You can share your variation in the malkovich logs which your opponent won’t see until the game is over. Then just hover over it =/

1 Like

Fair point. I’ve never tried doing that, I assumed “share variation” would put it in public chat. To be honest this has never really been a feature I’ve bothered using, so I have limited exposure.

Agreed. I have to actually make a review to save my variations or manually click ‘share variation’ for every single one.I learnt the hard way many times (even now) when I just analyze and realize that I’m doing it in the analyse tab and not the review one and there’s no way to mass port everything at once.

Also I don’t want to review everything I want to analyze as there is no easy way to find reviews by tags or something so I only review things I specially find useful.

This also has an unintended consequence of me not helping others with reviews here as I don’t want to make a review that’s really useless for me and just clutters my review space.