What is going on with site performance?

I mostly play blitz. Since the site got updated recently, a large percentage of my games end in one of the players experiencing an unresponsive UI, error messages when making a move and timing out because of it. It seems it’s better in the morning hours (I presume less people are using the site).

So are these server performance issues? I assume I’m not the only one because my opponents sometimes loudly complain about it. What do you need to fix this? Is it a money problem? The site was working fine a while ago, so I thought I’ll just ask…

Thanks & Regards

1 Like

Until this gets ironed out, I’m going back to primarily playing on KGS. This is awful.

1 Like

Now I can’t even start a new game and all I get is
“Ok” I guess…

1 Like

I had a number of problems roughly in the time frame of the first two posts. I created two reports: 1st Existing opponent not found and 2nd 520 error

I also got the red (X) with OK.

Seems the OGS guys aren’t aware of the problem yet, maybe it is unique to the 3 of us.

2 Likes

Sadly not. I`m also getting the red X and often as not, just a plain old black screen.

2 Likes

As has just happened yet again!:anguished:

1 Like

Gotten all except the black screen. Blank white screen (the other user probably set his background to black?) only .

1 Like

Interesting coincidence that the first and second groups of reports appear to be separated by 12 hours.

1 Like

I only heard of this problem today. As I mostly play correspondence

I was discussing with a friend that play everywhere tygem. Fox OGS. Kgs

Why isn’t OGS more popular. And he told me about this click lag that can cause losing seconds during live and blitz games.

I am not sure if there is another thread about this issue

But I would be curious to inspect the performance analytics stats and offer some help if possible

Cheers

2 Likes

This is happening to me at the moment on my home page, ladder etc.

It randomly won’t load the webpages properly or find my ongoing games

2 Likes

Yeah, I have already messaged anoek, hopefully he can get us back up soon.

Sorry about the issue.

4 Likes

It’s no problem. It’s not really impacting me, because I’m just making some correspondence moves, I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing it - and this was the thread I found, instead of making a new thread.

3 Likes

I can’t see any games, can’t create or whatever is avalaible on OGS so I guess it’s a general problem :wink:

2 Likes

We should make a big general thread called “OGS is borking again”.

3 Likes

I am actively working on it FYI

13 Likes

When I go to my home page, often times it says “An error Occurred” and I can’t find any of my games but after reloading the page for like 10 times it finally comes back

2 Likes

It should be better now

8 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

nothing went better the last days Mr. OGS Developer… the side always interrups, loading an d time during the games is running out!!! When do you fix your server-problem, because its 100% on your side!
Grets

Why so hostile? You realise that this (free to use) site is run by a single developer, who is actually working on this problem?

4 Likes