What is your style in GO playing? Free test here

Hello @timuzhti [quote=“timuzhti, post:20, topic:750”]
Is there an easy way to download your OGS games?
[/quote]
Here:

1 Like

There is a script that will download all of them: uberdownloader

This will will work anywhere you can run Python.

I developed a shell script that will read the files and rename them based on the players.

That script needs a Bourne-like shell environment. I developed it under Linux. I probably should write a version that runs under Python so its requirements match uberdownloader.

If you use the rename script, uberdownloader will not recognize the files and will re-download them. Therefore, you might want to keep a directory of the files as downloaded and copy them to a new directory before renaming.

That should help somewhat in the download process.

1 Like

I got:

`Your style is influence-oriented

I bet you enjoy your games, but it’s hard to keep high winning percentage by playing for moyos only.
You may know that it’s easier to save the groups, than to attack and kill them.
Try to pay more attention on getting territory. Study games, played by Kobayashi Koichi, Yu Bin, Lee Changho, Paek Yeonghun and follow their ideas.’

I had chosen the options I thought were the best, even though 2 or 3 times I was not sure how I would go, and in the real game I would probably go otherwise. I mean more conservative / defensive. I am not sure however is it really representative since I am quite new, so it is possible that I do not have a style for now, and that it is just emerging.

Thanks for the script. I couldn’t get the “OGS Game SGF Downloader” Windows binary to work, but uberdownloader worked fine (except an error every 40 games or so, which I downloaded manually. I tried the rename shell script, but my half hearted attempt can’t get it to work on cygwin. (well, I got the games and the review, that’s all I wanted)

Here are my results

I do play the empty triangle a lot, so I’ll try and avoid that in the future :sheep::smile:
And I think it’s pretty accurate. Most my games have a huge moyo, about 75% of the board which shrinks/disappears near the end, depending on who I’m playing. I do enjoy making walls and fighting too :smile:

Thanks to @yebellz for sharing the site.

(oh, I got influence oriented for the test too. They both agree, so they must be right :wink:)