What's a good bounty to implement Rengo?

Just a side note - international transactions may take around 3-7 business days, but there is actually no specific international regulations for how long they may take at most.
Still, I assume (despite the pandemic) the wiring to complete within the 3-7 d time frame.

3 Likes

Escrow.com says it’s on it’s way, that’s fine :slight_smile:

I got diverted slightly by the deployment of the new OJE back-end, which of course has a few teething problems, but will be back on the Rengo soon.

One of the things that OGS does is teach westerners about Go. Learning the terms of Go seems to be part of that mission, I think Rengo is a good name. Part of the appeal of Go is ‘eastern mystique’. I don’t think beginners need their hand held by diluting this. But I’m just coding :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Further update: it was certainly weird and slightly disconcerting that escrow.com let us sign up for a deal with a 500 character limit description of the goods.

So I was interested to receive this today in email:

"Hello There,

Good day. We hope this email finds you well.

We are writing to ask you to upload a Signed Written Agreement form for review.

An agreement letter defines in writing the terms of an agreement between two or more parties, so each party knows exactly what they are responsible for. It also protects their legal rights.
Letters of agreement help prevent confusion or additional negotiations later on, since each business associate can refer back to the document at any time.
Each agreement letter will contain different information depending on what it’s for.

Please login to your transaction and upload a copy of your Signed Written Agreement for the goods or services being sold for review.

Feel free to send us an email further for questions using your verified email address for security purposes.

Thank you for partnering with Escrow.com"

I guess if we don’t reach written agreement, Gozart gets his money back? Time will tell, but hopefully that doesn’t get tested :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Slightly diminished point of this platform if you have to pay large fees and in the end still just rely on a normal written and signed contract.

Now I received the email too.

I guess we could just each print out the forum posting, sign it, scan it and upload it to their platform then.

1 Like

I guess the benefit is still there that the seller knows it’s safe to do the work, and the buyer knows that they’ll get the work or the money back, plus an indepedent party to arbitrate :slight_smile:

1 Like

My question is how does the arbitrator verify if the work is done or not? Like can the buyer just say “they didn’t meet the set standards” and get their money back, or is there some kind of review process? And if so, how would that work? How would their team adequately understand what rengo is, whether it’s been implemented, and whether or not GaJ was the one that implemented it?

(And visa versa of course, with the seller claiming work was done and taking the money prematurely)

1 Like

You can read about that on their website :wink:

I don’t think it makes any difference who implemented it - in terms of the escrow contract, I’ve been engaged to achieve an outcome, who does the work behind the scenes is irrelevant.

(Though in this instance I can assure you it is me :smiley: (with some consultation with anoek) And FWIW it’s very easy to prove that, should it be necessary)

4 Likes

Well, so I just uploaded the signed posting (including date and name, as usual) to escrow.com.
Hint - don’t accidentally print while chrome is in dark mode, I just wasted loooooots of black ink.
Nice that today is the 12.12. so there is no confusion about international date formats.

6 Likes

There’s a little tick at escrow.com that says they have received the money.

Here’s where things are up to:

… it’s doing the basic thing, but there are a number of tricky bits to clean up before you could actually use it…

(Notably:

• Notifications of various kinds, especially when the game starts
  • Info on the Game page about the teams
  • UI for creating the challenge
  • Game History
  • … etc
    )
8 Likes

By my reading, as long as the game is playable, those secondaries are nice but not contract critical, correct?

That video looks really good… But I can envision people being confused by the rotating player cards and asking why their name isn’t being displayed on the game board… Thoughts?

I think that some kind of “way to get to the game when it starts, and know that it is there” is critical.

• Notifications of various kinds, especially when the game starts

I cheated in the video by copying and pasting the link :smiley:

That’s

On this topic:

• UI for creating the challenge

… I think it’s likely that the current thing is buggy if people click at the same time on it, or if the creator clicks too fast on those awkward buttons.

As I said … tricky bits :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks really great! Probably goes without saying, but if/when you need testers :raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

Haha oi! :man_facepalming: of course it is!
For some reason I read this and my brain thought of displaying the names on the little thumbnail tiles on the home page… No idea where I got that impression from your very clear comment.

2 Likes

Escrow.com just approved the payment. Now it’s actually “on”. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

" Escrow.com Payment Secured - Please deliver the merchandise to the buyer"

I’m trying, I’m trying! :smiley: :smiley:

7 Likes

'anoek playing rengo?'

‘anoek’ happens to be the only player that is always in the database I’m using, so that account gets used by me for testing. It’s not actually anoek.

2 Likes

ewww, light theme…
/glares disdainfully

4 Likes

This is improving step by step, nice!

2 Likes

The other three browsers are dark, I just happened to screenshot this one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes