Why does my open game request go away when I switch tabs?

I just opened a game request in another tab before typing this forum thread…and I just checked back on it and it went away. This has to be a bug!?

Well first hypothesis is that while you are on another tab someone accepted your game offer and then cancel it (maybe bored to wait for you?)

2 Likes

No, its repeatable. Have you tried to reproduce?

No. Before offering games i m not interested in, i search what hypothesis we could have.

Is it a live game offer?

1 Like

Yes, live game

I asked because you have to keep the game tab open in a live game to not run out of time which is not an obvious feature and which could maybe be correlated to your question.

2 Likes

Im not talking about a game that has started, I am talking about a “game request”

Yes and i am talking about correlation.
Oh just a last question, is it happening with other OGS tabs or only with going to the forum?

Can’t help more, let see if anyone else has a clue.

1 Like

I can reproduce this (when people don’t accept the challenge marked “please don’t accept” :woman_facepalming: )

I think it happens only if I have no other tabs on the site, which means that OGS thinks that I’ve left.

In which case it makes sense that the open live challenge is removed.

Just leave a tab open on live things - as Groin said, that’s the basic requirement, so we know you are there.

3 Likes