Why seven clicks to end game?

I have found your criticism and descriptions much more accurate and beneficial than David’s. You helped us identify a bug that was implemented in a slightly confusing way, thanks for that.

3 Likes

I’m glad to help. Probably I don’t know everything that happened, but just reading this thread, I don’t have the feeling that David accuses anybody of deceiving.

1 Like

Not directly, it’s more that he gets an idea in his head and then obstinately holds to that idea regardless of how much evidence is brought against it.

2 Likes

Yes, it is true that I am relying on my memory, which is not too good. I’ll be more attentive to my future games and post something here if the problem proves to be exactly as I described it. Thanks.

3 Likes

Then it is not such a big problem. It was very frustrating to me when I wanted to click “Pass” to be courteous to my opponent but could not do so until I had taken the time to dismiss four game notifications, none of which were of any interest to me since I am not a dan player. Thanks.

Thank you for this rare bit of support.

1 Like

That isn’t actually true. Look above and you will see proof that as soon as I actually am shown evidence I change my mind. I am obstinate when people simply complain, object, make wrong claims, and complain. All I ask for is evidence. I’ve found this kind of combative attitude here in other threads as well. It’s not nice at all to be attacked for incorrect reasons.

This is in relation to your other thread and has very little to do with your complaints here about clicking accept multiple times.

One does not need to be a dan player to enjoy watching professionals of any sport competing at the top level, Go included.

Our mod tools are often much less polished than public-facing sections of the site. I’m not convinced trying to explain how to interpret them will be beneficial in any way, especially since I have already explained what they say. Sorry if this has been interpreted as “simply complain, object, make wrong claims, and complain.”

1 Like

Wouldn’t this have been a great opportunity to apply the meditation techniques you are teaching?

1 Like

This guy is pretty critical of this free, non ad-supported community and tool set.

To the mods: thanks for this imperfect tool, I really like it and use it everyday for hours.

PS, please disable analysis for auto match.

4 Likes

If I am “this guy”, I limit my criticisms to correctable problems. I am a believer of the value of feedback in software development. I do not appreciate being the target of people who get pleasure from attacking others. Other than defending myself when appropriate, I think I am a reasonable guy and enjoy OGS, which is why I have donated to it and intend to continue donating in the future in return for its value in providing a good game environment.

1 Like

Playing in a live 9x9 game yesterday, I noticed that it took 13 seconds before I was allowed to accept the score, even though neither of us changed anything. That’s not a huge amount of time out of my day, but in the context of an internet game where we are used to fraction-of-a-second response times, and when there’s a timer ticking down on the screen encouraging me to hurry up, it’s kind of weird and annoying.

Especially since with the new scoring AI the score is usually perfect, it would be nice if this part could be streamlined a bit. Let me click right away, pop up a message “really accept score? Nothing has changed,” click OK, done in one second instead of 13.

2 Likes

I think you are describing the same thing in a different way.

The way it behaves is a bug, IMO. It appears that an attempt was made to protect us from accidentally accepting sneak changes, but it isn’t working properly. If it’s not already in the official bug list it could do with being there. I suspect it can be fixed in front-end code, if anyone is keen: it’s definitely worth a look.

2 Likes

If it is possible, it certainly would be nice to have the Score Agreement button initially be enabled, and only need to be clicked once to indicate agreement, regardless of whether the opponent has agreed yet or not.