Yet another 4-4 pincer joseki question

http://online-go.com/game/6474045.

Move 13 seems like an overplay but I don’t know how to punish it after move 15. The open skirt makes me really worry for the live of the upper right group. S16 would secure life (I think) but feels slow. My goal with move 28 was to try and make life in the corner by attacking either of the two weak black groups. Clearly I should have pushed one more time down the right edge before doing that. Is that the best approach? Is there a better way to punish black?

Thanks!

The black moves are overplays, but then R13 is bad shape and O14 is an even bigger overplay.

You could have quietly answered N17 at O16 or P17, giving you both a base in the corner and access to the center. Your move at Q15 is more severe and looks good, but then you have to be patient and ready for a long running fight.

Consider the cut at 15. I think it works.

Thanks for the responses everyone

but then R13 is bad shape

Good point. What would you suggest? R12 seems like they will crawl again and I end up in the same shape. Q12 seems like it allows them to get off the second line.

O14 is an even bigger overplay.

Clearly :slight_smile:

Consider the cut at 15. I think it works.

Ah, interesting. What happens if B allows W to live small in the corner. That would mean W doesn’t get to descend to T16 which I believe changes the attack on B’s right group. I could be missing something though.

Cheers.

See my first reply, I would have avoided this position in the first place. Once you’re there, O16 is still open and looks like the right move (instead of R13) for white.

Then the result is better for black. @pstraus ’ idea to cut immediately looks good, but the sequence is hard to read.

I’ll throw my thoughts in the idea bin, too.

Thanks for the responses everyone. It seems like I had a knee jerk reaction “OMG YOU HAVE A WEAKNESS I MUST CUT” where playing calmly was probably better.

See my first reply, I would have avoided this position in the first place. Once you’re there, O16 is still open and
looks like the right move (instead of R13) for white.

Makes sense

I’ll throw my thoughts in the idea bin, too.

Thanks for the options. I went thought them one my one and they all make sense.

Cheers!