2022: HOLD MY TEA! 🍵

Did she just let the driver go? I hope the driver is patiently waiting off screen for the normal procedure.

1 Like

I think the lady she’s speaking to off camera is the driver who stopped to check.

2 Likes

Something positive for a change:

3 Likes

I’m a cynical skeptic but let them crazy kids be happy. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Happy stories certainly exist. On the other hand…

3 Likes

If you want a happy funny story, how about this?

6 Likes
6 Likes

I think this wins the price for the “most 2022 kind of idea” even though it is still January:

Tl;dr;
They bought a rare manuscript for 3 million dollars and upon realising that they couldn’t monetize it as they originally imagined, they thought of turning it into NFT and burning it!

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I thought their original plan was to turn it into NFTs and burn the physical copy, before they realized that what they purchased at auction (where they paid many times more than the asking price and market value for similar copies) was merely a physical copy of a rare book, rather than any IP rights.

3 Likes

This is all so elementary! I never heard of anything so stupid!

3 Likes
3 Likes

I just noticed a funny thing about the auto-box created by Discourse. There is a typo in the article summary (which is separately embedded as meta-data within the page), while the main text has it corrected with this:

If the world’s high emissions continue on their trajectory, by the 2080s all but one of the 21 cities that previously hosted the Winter Games — Sapporo, Japan — would not be able to do so again.

2 Likes

I don’t want or dare to make a prediction, but I hope there won’t be a war.

Already too many have died in this conflict, including an acquaintance of mine who was on flight MH17 back in 2014.

6 Likes

Each war is a failure of civilization, with always far too many death.

3 Likes

“nature abhors a vacuum”

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes
5 Likes

this is perfect <3

1 Like

This trend will become very “interesting” for historians, archaeologists and art evaluators in, say, 50 years. Especially the part where the buyer decides on which version to keep. :popcorn:

1 Like

Avalance joseki is trending in Greece right now …

3 Likes