2022: HOLD MY TEA! šŸµ

Well, itā€™s probably just that I prefer unambiguity (except in jokes, etc.), and as we are not just talking about a year, or a year number, but about LIVES, I like to keep the future open, not like looking into the wide end of a funnel.

E.g., when people marry and say ā€œbest day of my lifeā€, I always shake my head and say to myself: ā€œOh, so it gets worse after that day? How sad!ā€

3 Likes

Youā€™re last words are funny

1 Like

At least not the worst dayā€¦

4 Likes

Excepting the suicides, the worst day is usually the last.

1 Like

Perhaps not if one believes to be going to heaven/paradise/ happy hunting grounds/etc. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For a Christian the last should be the best. It is our eternal hope to be reunited with the Lordā€¦ Weā€™re only waiting around to help out you lot :wink: haha

2 Likes

When I was a kid I read a quote saying ā€œhappiness is not something you experience, but something you remember.ā€ I found it very odd at the time, but, growing up I realised that odd as the phrase was, it held quite a lot of truth in it.

Our lives fluxuate and it is hard to imagine them just getting better and better all the time, so I think that it is normal to have ā€œbest timesā€ that you remember fondly. They do not even have to be anything really important either. Mine, for example, include sitting alone on a particular bench on a particular day or one day when I was gathering olives and the day was crisp and awesome and then a small wind got up and made the trees ā€œsingā€.

As far as I am concerned it IS hard to make life better than that or better every day. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As a Christian, I am quite familiar with the sentiment. The post was meant mainly as a piece of black humor (albeit in the wiseacre vein). However, more seriously, I have always felt that this business of yearning to die to be with the Lord is rather ungrateful for the life we are given. I also think it is generally hypocritical to deny the attractions of corporeal existence unless one has a horrible life, or is an ascetic on a mountain. As I conceive it, our duty is to stand firm in our faith and face death with dignity and composure, so far as circumstances allow.

4 Likes

Well, in my case, living in the same place for most of my life helps bring those things back.
It is funny what infignificant things can trigger a fond or forgotten memory, but if you are totally away from all the all triggers, well, they canā€™t apply I guess?

E.g.
I was training my basketball shots two weeks ago, the winter sun was shining and it was all nice at the old school court. I was even way early that day, at 2:15 in the midday, the school was just over, the whole vibe was there.
A bit of wind comes up, the trees rustle and I honestly felt very happy at the moment and then the whole mental image of the bell ringing and that Iā€™d have to go back in class in do physics, kicked in. And I remember thinking ā€œdaaaamn, the day is perfect, I ainā€™t wanna go to class nowā€ and then I remembered that I actually do not have to. :rofl:

Been out of school for 20 years, but Iā€™ve been playing there, on that particular basketball hoop, for 27 years.
So the setting is there, the school is there, I am there, the basketball hoop is there and the weatherā€™s is there.
All these help to return to a happy moment of old :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes, Amazon, that cornerstone of business (or any kind, really) ethics.

Rich people :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thread is all over the place.
I donā€™t see news considering the possibilities here, because ā€œCanada, what could happenā€.

1 Like

Ah, yes, Amazon, that cornerstone of business (or any kind, really) ethics.

I do not know why, but the idea of old music and Amazon and the whole thing brought me the idea of making a spoof of the old favorite song ā€œLemon treeā€
(with bold the slight changes)

Iā€™m sitting here in a storing room
Itā€™s just another rainy working afternoon
Iā€™m wasting my time I got packages to do
Iā€™m running around Iā€™m working for you
But nothing ever changes
And I wonder

Iā€™m driving around in my cart
Iā€™m driving too fast, Iā€™m driving too far
Iā€™d like to not be in the packaging crew
were we are peeing in bottles all day through
But nothing ever changes
And I wonder

I wonder how, I wonder why
Yesterday you told me 'bout the
Blue, blue sky
And all that I can see
Is just a yellow package crate
Iā€™m turning my head up and down
Iā€™m turning, turning, turning, turning
Turning around
And all that I can see
Is just another package crate

Iā€™m sitting here, I miss the power
Iā€™d like to go out, taking a shower
But the boss needs cash to fly rockets over my head
I feel so tired, I wish I even had a bed
Well, nothing ever happens
And I wonder

minimal effort and it somehow works ā€¦ Lemon tree is oddly fitting. :thinking:

2 Likes

today is happy chinese new year :partying_face:

7 Likes

Happy Tiger year, may everyone have nice surprises (and earn one level at least, itā€™s a go server here)

:sunrise: :tiger2: :firecracker: :beers:

7 Likes

Happy Tigerā€™s year! The year of the BIG cat:

to continue with the old music theme :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats @_KoBa

4 Likes
2 Likes

I especially like the part where he talks about how anything one might try to prove they arenā€™t a psychopath can be used as evidence of another kind of psychopathyā€¦ there is no escape!

2 Likes