2022: HOLD MY TEA! 🍵

I like the second image

4 Likes

Reassuring to know some facts are still certain.

3 Likes

I hope this certificate of authenticity was authentified.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, there are certificates all the way down.

3 Likes

And NFTs?

2 Likes

Also, HongKong Gymnastics have been publishing some gymnastics from Hong Kong.

I like to believe he always has that box on him at all times. Like a pouch attached to belt to hold tea.

3 Likes

Doesn’t everyone have a utilitea belt just in case?

5 Likes
6 Likes

Next time they’d better invite the Austrian FM as a mediator.

4 Likes

In other news

1 Like

Shodan certificate from Nihon Kiin (I think this is this player). As we know Japanese certificates don’t mean much. But look how pretty they are. No wonder people buy them. As far as I google shodan one goes for like 30 000 yen and that would be steep for me for a piece of paper. And five dan is like 100 000 yen. And seven dan is like 500 000 yen. Though objectively it’s pennies for a lot of people.

I still kinda wish European federations would think about making official rank papers.

3 Likes

In France we have certificates for ranks in kids’ schools, mainly in Rennes and Grenoble.

We also have certificates for national championships.

1 Like
2 Likes

Happily, nothing more interesting is happening in the whole wide world than a typo in some TV subtitles, so the newspaper can write an article about that typo.

Relatedly, there was a comma missing at 1h37min18s in the subtitles of “Thor: Love and Thunder”. Quite the scandal.

2 Likes

“Elizabeth reportedly sipped a Twinings English Breakfast each morning.”

3 Likes

What’s a loyal subject to do??

Keep sipping Twinings in honor of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, or switch to whatever His Majesty King Charles III prefers?? Surely, the entire Commonwealth must be pressed by this dilemma.

By the way, before anyone says that we’re digressing, I would point out that discussion about tea is quite aptly on target for this thread.

7 Likes

Who knew we’d be saying hold my tea over the queen in the hold my tea thread

5 Likes

Admittedly, I have 2 squares in my 2022 bingo (ok BTS didn’t disband but they’re in an indefinite hiatus, it counts)

2 Likes

Yes, given our collective interest in Go, I was expecting tea in an East Asian context to come up first, like discussing a Japanese or Chinese tea.

2 Likes