Allow undo request on your move

The thing I don’t like from the examples, and the one difference I can see about asking for an undo request on your own turn, is that you can let your time run down while waiting for your opponent to accept the undo and what do you have to lose?

If the player believes that the misclick is bad enough that they don’t want to play on with it in the game they can let their own time run out pressuring the opponent into accepting the undo, using their time instead to convince them and presumably get that time back if the undo is accepted.

This is kind of the case in the examples except of course either the player is low on time or it’s blitz/rapid of some sort.

If the undo can only be asked on the opponents turn, the opponent can decide on their own time to accept. If they play a move they haven’t accepted it or haven’t seen the undo, although I believe there was a new feature to make undo requests more visible now. Wish: Better Noticeable Undo Requests - #84 by benjito

I think just learn to play on with the misclicks, or learn to avoid making them is the best. I do agree with 4. the submit mode being a pain on mobile. Double click to play might be better, at least a lot of other apps for servers like tygem, WBaduk and Pandanet actually zoom in on the board on the first click and then the next click selects the move or some variant of that.

I also find it a pain playing on mobile except for correspondence on OGS, so I usually use pc for live games. I should try another live game though, although I’m not hopeful, because I doubt I have a bigger phone screen than the last few times I’ve tried.

2 Likes