Auto-translate added to OJE

It’s even worse. You would expect something like this from that translation:
immagine

4 Likes

Actually this is something we may be able to tackle: a glossary of terms to supply to the AI.

I’ll put this on the “investigate” list.

I am new to this. I just registered on Pootle and found a bunch of untranslated phrases that seem to belong to the joseki library.
So should I assume that they are obsolete, since now there is the automatic translation?

I didn’t read all the messages above, so probably I’m missing something, but I would report that there’s something quite weird for Italian translation.

“right” may be “destra” (as in “turn right”) o “diritto” (as in “fight for your rights”) and it’s quite funny that “white gets his right granted” :smiley:
Even worse for “sente”, which can be an italian word (for “he hears”) and it’s very funny when “black hears himself”

2 Likes

As far as I understand these things (so until GaJ corrects me), I think it is reasonable to assume that these reusable “tags” are still pulled from Pootle and the auto translation works only for the descriptions the author of the joseki provides. So you should be able to improve upon the aforementioned and screenshotted tags.

I see you made some changes into the translations recently, so if you are wondering why they did not show up yet, it is because these are not processed in real time it usually takes a day or two for them to process.

2 Likes