Bug: wrong ranking

How the fuck do you come out of “a 40 year career in software engineering” unable to distinguish a programmer’s mistake (“bug”) from “any situation that does not sit well with me”?

I can forgive the masses of random non-techies who cry bug at every corner. They are throwing around a catchy word, ignorant and unaware that it is an insinuation of incompetence on the part of the developer.

If you have any experience in software development, you know that a bug is a deviation in the behavior of the system implementation from the specification of the system. You are complaining about a design flaw, not a bug. Even if you call it a bug a thousand times and “a few people have admitted it is a bug” (lmao) that does not make it so. OGS ranks work as designed.

If you had done your due diligence on this topic before you spammed this thread to 60 posts, you might have found the thread where the idea originated as well as a more recent discussion thread, and others like it, in which the negative effects of the separate ranks have been discussed at length.

Let me take this opportunity to repeat my statement from that discussion, because it is still current:

5 Likes