Call for artists, programmers and visionary people: Go to music

Awesome! I got it

1 Like

OMG! I didn’t see it coming, but of course the AI age is going to affect heavily this thread.
I’d love to hear some of the results!
Actually it would be great to have a video with the game in sync with the generated music.

I’m looking forward to listen to music that is generated on the fly (based on the moves) while watching or playing live games.

1 Like

Just imagine when you make a blunder and you hear the horns! :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol. just found this topic. Still agreed with the first comment from a musician. To improvise about a game seems like a nice idea tho!

That is why I used sentiments and perceptions of the moves and shape patterns instead of a position of a move. Although it is true that the overall arching theme is sorely lacking, it’s more or a jazz like improvisation. One of the future work I added in my thesis is about looking into the larger structure and theme or the “intentions” of both players at a whole board situation, and then somehow organize it with music composing theory to have like ABAA, ABCBA structures more “story like” (but need to give up the on-the-fly dynamic music generation, and have to parse through enough moves offline for the larger structure). The variations in theme and tones are currently still quite bland.

Right now, the intensity and pace are the most accurate sentiment to “translate” (since detecting more disconnected moves as the sentiment of “fast”, and solid thick moves as “slow” are relatively easy to map into tempo, as well as how “interconnected” in a local fight for note density of a more rapid pitch transitions for the intensity of the “fight”)

Still your idea is more strict interpretation. Its like transcription, not translating to another language.
Was watching dan games yesterday, played 9x9 using similar openings and it seemed so clearly related to music variations! Like a few fugues as well. Somebody mentioned Bach and this is really close to how it might sounds. Go is a genius game…

1 Like

If we are going into the limited 9x9 opening “joseki” so to speak for high level plays, where they branch out into similar shapes, it is possible to group them based on their local shapes along, the symmetry makes the exulted search possible (the local grid indexes are only up to 15 (where beyond 9 can be discarded). The issues are how to map them in such a limited list (based on their starting split, or just their overall shapes?)

Can’t believe this hasn’t been posted yet:

2 Likes