Chat doesn't update without reloading

How are things today? I deployed another potential fix this morning, seems to be working for me all day, though I was not having issues yesterday while others were…

2 Likes

Seems like it at least took a really long time for chatbug to appear this time… but nope. It is back :frowning:

2 Likes

FWIW I appear to be immune to this bug. Running Chrome on a Windows 8 laptop.

again

Yeah, unfortunately I have to confirm the issue. And have been able to reproduce it on both Chrome and FF.

1 Like

OK a new patch up today. This one should work around the issue, still looking into why things are getting into the particular state, but it should no longer affect chat.

2 Likes

maybe someone’s trying to mess with ogs or hack into it or something cause you said it was really really strange

This is happening to me now.

1 Like

Full marks for looking for an existing thread instead of creating a new one … even if it is 2 years old! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Still does not work. :frowning:

Unfortunately to my knowledge you are currently the only one reporting similar issues with chat, so it is hard to guess what might be wrong. Any details could help - browser, OS, extensions what is happening exactly and when… Anything that gives us a chance to reproduce the issue.

1 Like

It doesn’t work in any browser. Does not work via API directly.
I do get “chat-join”/“chat-part” API messages.