Clock choir

After playing online for so long, we start to forget what a real offline tournament sounds like. From 4:40 you can hear the clocks talking from the many boards. Isn’t it fun? Did you have talking clocks in tournaments?

3 Likes

I’d rather just hear the stones.

That was very famous annoyance from the ing clocks

2 Likes

Like, I get the idea behind it, but I don’t understand how not one person on the design team realized that there are like seven better ways to implement an audio cue in a game clock. Given how expensive these things are, I almost want to design and market my own (lol with what time) for like half the price. You could add wifi/bluetooth to link up with the game recorder’s laptop for the price they charge for a glorified stopwatch.

4 Likes

I wanted to share a funny video but I can’t find it anymore! :rage:

Something like "100 ing timer speaking together " :smile:

1 Like

@Lys Awfully hard to find with the typo in the name. (Normal ideas for searches don’t work properly)

The trick I’ve found is that when ‘Go’ fails sometimes ‘weiqi’ and/or ‘baduk’ succeeds

8 Likes

I agree. I’m designing a go clock for the masses right now. Any description or link to better ways to do audio cues?

Seems like a feature of this particular tournament. Last year they also had a nice choir.

In this year’s edition it seems they either used a different hall or set up the tables different the sound is dampened significantly :frowning:

3 Likes

These clocks are still harassing players:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ead1MSZPS-8

2 Likes