Delete inactive accounts?

I suppose then if there is a name you want and it looks like the account is inactive, there’s a process where you can ask for it to be changed and for you to get the username.

1 Like

Just ask a mod.
I did it. It works! :smile:

1 Like

If you want to check if your old name is accessible you’ll have to wait a month to take again the new one (crossing fingers that no one did take it in between).

Couldn’t you just search for it in the search bar?
If it doesn’t display, then it’s available, I suppose.

2 Likes

I agree, tho’ I recently changed my username and would be glad to make it only “Kalessin” but it would make things very complicated.

Them better stay still in the dusty shelves of history… :slight_smile:

For the record, if I stop playing, you guys are welcome to recycle my name. You can just rename me to "Feijoa (pre-2032)“ or whatever.

8 Likes

On KGS accounts expire after 1 year of inactivity if I remember correctly. Games with the old account still remain in the database. For instance a user called “jlt” played in 2006 but it’s not me, since the first go game I played was in 2016. Games of the old account “jlt” can be searched by checking the box “include expired accounts”. So the system considers there are two different users with the same nickname.

7 Likes