Diplomatic Go 🗡 The Second Game

I haven’t yet, but I intend to make one soon. There haven’t been anything particularly interesting for me to comment on with regards to my own diplomacy, but I might say something about my thoughts on the position in general.

2 Likes

I’ve either done 3 or 4. Some people appear to have written a lot to them.

1 Like

I think this would be an interesting little experiment: Disregarding diplomatic considerations up until this point and also strength considerations (assume that 8 random new players continue the game from tomorrow, knowing nothing about the history up until this point except the current board position), which color do you think is the most likely to win?

• image White
  • image Yellow
  • image Orange
  • image Red
  • image Pink
  • image Blue
  • image Light blue
  • image Green
  • I’d rather not say

0 voters

If I understand polls correctly, who voted for whom will be made public when the poll closes.

2 Likes

When I submit my moves I sometimes write a little paragraph about my thoughts along with it.

1 Like

In the absence of a move submission from @Haze_with_a_Z, Round 11 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-10-23T20:00:00Z.

2 Likes

End of Round 11

image@Gia and image@Maharani collided on their first move at J10. image@Maharani managed to place a move at their second choice. image@Gia collided for their second choice with the stone placed as a first choice by image@yebellz at G10, but managed to place their third choice at F10.
All other players placed their first choice.

As the only stone without liberties, image@Sanonius’ stone at B4 is removed from the board.

Any player with 2 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 12.
Since all players enter Round 12 with at least 3 stones, nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image @le_4TC M7
image @PiggyStardust B3
image @martin3141 G2
image @Gia J10 G10 F10
image @Sanonius F1
image @Haze_with_a_Z J5
image @yebellz G10
image @Maharani J10 J11

Round 12

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 3 or more stones on the board.

Round 12 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-24T20:00:00Z

Current number of stones per player:

7 Likes

In the absence of a move submission from @Haze_with_a_Z, Round 12 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-10-25T21:00:00Z.

4 Likes

Looks like it’s actually 25 hours, since we’ve just switched to winter time here.

6 Likes

End of Round 12

Lots of collisions this round!

First of all, image@PiggyStardust, image@martin3141 and image@Maharani managed to place a stone at their first choices.

image@le_4TC’s first choice collided with a preexisting stone at J9, but their second choice was placed at K9.

image@Gia’s and image@yebellz’s first choices collided at E10, but both managed to play their second choice.

image@Sanonius’s and image@Haze_with_a_Z’s first choices collided at M2. image@Sanonius’s second choice collided at G1 with the stone placed by image@martin3141 as a first choice, but image@Sanonius managed to place their third choice at M3. Meanwhile, image@Haze_with_a_Z’s second choice collided with a preexisting stone at K4, but they managed to place their third choice at B12.

All groups on the board have at least one liberty, thus no stones will be removed.

Any player with 2 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 13.
Since all players enter Round 13 with at least 3 stones, nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC J9 K9
image@PiggyStardust B4
image@martin3141 G1
image@Gia E10 C8
image@Sanonius M2 G1 M3
image@Haze_with_a_Z M2 K4 B12
image@yebellz E10 E12
image@Maharani H4

Round 13

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 4 or more stones on the board.

Round 13 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-26T21:00:00Z

9 Likes

Alas, this means war.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Mind if I make a tasteless joke?

Veal liver
Spirulina
Haze.

click here to open envelope

Foodstuff containing lots of B12.

6 Likes

Oh, I thought that what they had in common was that none of those things have any eyes, especially after the twist of your dagger at M3.

5 Likes

Yeah, I really can’t say that this felt good or that I’m proud of it.

4 Likes

In the absence of move submissions from @Haze_with_a_Z and @Maharani, Round 13 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-10-27T21:00:00Z.

3 Likes

End of Round 13

image@Gia and image@yebellz collided on their first choice, but both players succeeded in playing their second choice.

image@Maharani’s first choice was a collision with a preexisting stone, as was their second choice. Their third choice collided with the stone placed as image@Gia’s second choice. Therefore image@Maharani failed to place a stone this round.

All other players managed to place a stone at their first choices.

image@Gia’s group around J8 is the only group without liberties on the board, and thus is removed from the board.

Any player with 3 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 14.
After removing the captured stones, image@Gia starts Round 14 with only 2 stones, and thus is eliminated. The two imagered stones at F10 and C8 remain on the board.
All other players enter Round 14 with at least 4 stones and are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC L12
image@PiggyStardust B11
image@martin3141 H1
image@Gia E10 J10
image@Sanonius N3
image@Haze_with_a_Z M2
image@yebellz E10 C12
image@Maharani J8 J9 J10

Round 14

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 4 or more stones on the board.

Round 14 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-10-28T21:00:00Z

8 Likes

Tomatoes bid you adieu, it was an honor.
:woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Thank you for playing Gia, and sorry you had to pay for Kingkaio’s crimes! Hope to see you again in the next life :blush: (i. e. next game :stuck_out_tongue:)

6 Likes

Thank you for taking over and playing a difficult position, @Gia.

Farewell :tomato: State. We did what we must to maintain the peace.

Now let’s enjoy some :fries: to go with that ketchup.

6 Likes

Fare thee well TomatoLand! May Tomatoheaven provide thee with what thou looked for in the Sky.
And, btw, thanks for taking Kaio’s place!

Just a clarification, @Vsotvep: how long do dead stones remain on the board? I would have thought Gia’s stones should be removed before Maharani’s third choice was played. Do dead chains remain until all players’ submissions are played?

6 Likes