Diplomatic Go 🗡 The Second Game

So long, everybody! That was fun, I’m excited for the next game of backstabbing.

6 Likes

@Sanonius, thank you playing. Well played, especially for taking over a difficult position!

3 Likes

Thanks for playing, Sanonius! See you in the next game.

3 Likes

Gg Sanonius!!! :D:D:D

Sorry I had to be the one to kill you

4 Likes

GG @Sanonius. See you in future games.

4 Likes

End of Round 21

Every player managed to play their first move, which is a pass in case of image orange.

All stones on the board have liberties, thus no stones are removed from the board.

Any player with 7 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 22.
All players enter Round 22 with at least 8 stones, therefore nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC K8
image@PiggyStardust D9
image Orange Pass Pass Pass
image@Haze_with_a_Z L7
image@yebellz B10
image@Leira H10

Round 22

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 8 or more stones on the board.

Round 22 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-11-12T21:00:00Z

Current number of stones per player:

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 19
image@PiggyStardust 20
image Orange 10
image@Haze_with_a_Z 16
image@yebellz 21
image@Leira 20
6 Likes

End of Round 22

image@le_4TC and image@Leira collided with their first choice, but both managed to place their second choice. Every other player managed to play their first move, which is a pass in case of image orange.

All stones on the board have liberties, thus no stones are removed from the board.

Any player with 7 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 23.
All players enter Round 23 with at least 8 stones, therefore nobody is eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC J12 H12
image@PiggyStardust E5
image@Haze_with_a_Z M2
image@yebellz A10
image@Leira J12 F13

Round 23

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 9 or more stones on the board.

Round 23 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-11-13T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 20
image@PiggyStardust 21
image Orange 10
image@Haze_with_a_Z 17
image@yebellz 22
image@Leira 21
5 Likes

In the absence of a move submission from @PiggyStardust, Round 23 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-11-14T21:00:00Z.

End of Round 23

image@le_4TC and image@PiggyStardust collided on their first move at J12, but both managed to place a stone at their second choice. Meanwhile, image@Haze_with_a_Z collided for their first choice with a preexisting stone, but managed to place their second choice at J12.

image@yebellz and image@Leira both placed their first choice.

Of the stones on the board without liberties, image@le_4TC’s stone at H12 is “old” and thus is removed. This gives a new liberty to image@Haze_with_a_Z’s stone at J12, which remains on the board.

Any player with 8 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 24.
All players enter Round 24 with at least 9 stones, therefore nobody is eliminated.

Board after placing first choices:

Board after placing second choices:

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC J12 L1
image@PiggyStardust J12 D3
image@Haze_with_a_Z K13 J12
image@yebellz D13
image@Leira G13

Round 24

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 9 or more stones on the board.

Round 24 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-11-15T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 20
image@PiggyStardust 22
image Orange 10
image@Haze_with_a_Z 18
image@yebellz 23
image@Leira 22
5 Likes

Sorry to be late…

In the absence of a move submission from @Leira, Round 24 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-11-16T21:00:00Z.

End of Round 24

image@Haze_with_a_Z collided with a preexisting stone for their first move, but managed to place their second choice.
Everyone else played their first choice, which is a pass, for the last time, in case of
image Orange.

The last time, since the orange stones around image G2 have no liberties left, as do the “old” stones at image M3 and image N2. These are removed from the board. The stone at image N3 is “new” and gains liberties from this capture, thus is not removed from the board.

Any player with 8 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 25.
Since all orange stones are removed from the board, Orange / @martin3141 is now indeed eliminated from the game. All other players enter Round 25 with at least 9 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC N3
image@PiggyStardust F5
image@Haze_with_a_Z M3 L2
image@yebellz H2
image@Leira J10

Round 25

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 10 or more stones on the board.

Round 25 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-11-17T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 21
image@PiggyStardust 23
image@Haze_with_a_Z 19
image@yebellz 24
image@Leira 22
6 Likes

Click on image to watch!

DiplomaticGo

6 Likes

10/10. I lowkey want the disappointing one to disappear and this to become canon.

(sorry for Dead Person Posting, but that was :star:)

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: that was awesome!

1 Like

Btw, vep, the time on the last one is wrong. It says to sub my moves before yesterday at 4pm and was prob supposed to say today at 4pm(my time at least). 21:00 UTC if that matters.

1 Like

Sorry to be late again…

In the absence of a move submission from @le_4TC and @Leira, Round 25 will be extended 24 hours.

The new deadline is 2020-11-18T21:00:00Z.

Welp, it was bound to happen eventually I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Somehow got mixed up with the days and thought I already submitted this round.

I’ve submitted now, and since it was not my intention to extend the deadline, I would not mind if the round was ended immediately (but maybe that’s not appropriate).

3 Likes

If I had been 10 minutes later, the round would’ve continued… So I presume nobody would mind if I continue it right now

Wait, scratch that, apparently @Leira hadn’t submitted either!

3 Likes

Has Leira submitted now? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I thought the deadline was today, but it seems to have been yesterday!

Well, I’ll end the round now, then.

End of Round 25

Everybody succeeded in placing their first choice.

Any player with 9 stones or less on the board is eliminated at the start of Round 26.
All players enter Round 25 with at least 10 stones, and therefore are not eliminated.

Player 1st
move
2nd
move
3rd
move
image@le_4TC N6
image@PiggyStardust E2
image@Haze_with_a_Z J1
image@yebellz H1
image@Leira N11

Round 26

In order not to be eliminated at the start of next round, a player needs 10 or more stones on the board.

Round 26 starts with the following position.

Editable demo board

Please submit your next moves before 2020-11-20T21:00:00Z

Player #stones
image@le_4TC 22
image@PiggyStardust 24
image@Haze_with_a_Z 20
image@yebellz 25
image@Leira 23
5 Likes