Do we really need this discusion about "Do we really need this discusion about “Do we really need chess.com for go”?"?

I wasn’t really thinking of “what tool would we use” but more “how does community-involved roadmapping work?”

Of course, that’s not necessarily what was being sought here … I imagine that even “a high level roadmap published somewhere” is the kind of thing Uber was speculating about.

I guess to a certain extent the synopsis of notes I gave above is the OGS roadmap :slight_smile:

GaJ view of OGS Roadmap:

  • Solve short-medium term moderation scaling
    • underway
  • Improve AI cheat prevention
    • underway, continuous effort needed
  • Aesthetic improvement
    • Improve new-user experience
    • Improve “overall” experience
    • underway (“Play” page updated, new user joining flow experience updated)
  • Improve Internationalisation and more broadly “International appeal”
    • Trying to work out what effort makes sense
  • Performance improvement
    • Infra upgrades underway, ongoing/continuous
    • Software (packaging etc) improvements later
  • New features
    • Largely on hold, behind the rest
    • Incremental additions opportunistically

Disclaimer: I do not speak for anoek or OGS, I’m just sharing what my impression is.

1 Like