Go Memes! 🧐

dans speaking to DDKs

2 Likes

14 Likes

When you ask Cho Chikun how he won that fight

12 Likes

ChallengeOrInvitation

See: https://forums.online-go.com/t/plea-game-invitation-instead-of-game-challenge for context.

12 Likes

When I see my opponent’s rank go up after they beat me:

11 Likes

24 Likes

Hey, that’s in my country!

It’s in Spijkenisse, where a metro accidentally ran through the buffer stops at the end of the line. Unfortunately, the line ends on top of a platform, and the train was about to drive straight off, were it not that just after the platform there were some gigantic statues of whale tails.

Nobody ended up getting hurt, the metro driver was saved, and the artist, Maarten Struijs, found the whole thing an artwork in itself :stuck_out_tongue:

25 Likes

The statues are famous by now. :grin: I guess all of us already saw some pictures.

2 Likes

Disproving the idea that art is useless.

Love the response of the artist!

8 Likes

12 Likes

16 Likes

8 Likes

When I see my opponent’s rank go up after I beat them: plop

3 Likes

It depends on whether the goal is to improve oneself or to humiliate others.

2 Likes

I thought it implied that my own rank would lower after that win, I don’t think I’ve yet seen a game after which both players’ ranks went up

2 Likes

Movement in a player’s rank does not depend on the most recent game alone. It is based on a moving window of the most recent 15 games. Consequently, it is quite possible for both players to go up or down, because their 15-game windows are different from each other. The movement of your opponent’s rank does not affect the movement of your rank.

4 Likes

I thought that was what was supposed to happen but then the rank system kinda broke?

2 Likes

The system was never broken per se. The problem was that lots of players, especially people new to the server, did not understand the occasional inverse movement of rank. So the developer recently tweaked the system to eliminate that; however, the tweak didn’t work. There is another thread that discusses this in considerable detail, which is where this discussion actually belongs. (I’m blushing for being so off-topic.)

11 Likes

17 Likes

14 Likes