Go Memes! 🧐

15 Likes

19 Likes

I’m curious about what the original text means. :grin:

5 Likes

This Wikipedia page has an image of this poster captioned with:

Soviet propaganda: The “Arithmetic of an Alternative Plan: 2 + 2 plus the Enthusiasm of the Workers = 5” exhorts the workers of the Soviet Union to realise five years of production in four years’ time. (Iakov Guminer, 1931)

Note that this poster (from 1931) predates the Orwell novel 1984 (published in 1949), which later popularized the phrase “two plus two equals five” more widely. Wikipedia notes that Orwell also used this phrase in an essay from 1939.

8 Likes

Calling 1984 reference.

3 Likes

When I was young I heard about a baby named “5 years plan accomplished in 4 years” or something.

Propaganda

5 Likes

Translation: “When Opponent Invades Moyo”

К сожалению, мой русский язык может быть неточным, поскольку я полностью полагаюсь на Google Translate.

Proper soundtrack for enjoying Soviet Go Memes: Sovietwave - Our Dream, Our Future - YouTube

9 Likes

feelingfreeto review

8 Likes

5 Likes

Oh man! I wish McBain was my sensei!

531e1p

12 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

12 Likes

cookie

Nicholas Cage-fighter :wink:

9 Likes

I’m not disappointed by the recent ones @dragon-devourer and @BHydden :slight_smile:

There’s also this site https://frinkiac.com/ where you can search the Simpsons episodes by quote. Surprisingly good source for news :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

ezgif.com-rank_you_up

13 Likes

15 Likes

WHEN YOU LEARNED NEW TESUJI

cookie

and someone is trying to copy it

13 Likes

In your mind, is the guy doing tsumego on the left or the right of the playing games picture?

I immediately assumed the right :smiley:

3 Likes

A little info

They made a movie ofc. It’s also an episode of ‘Air Crash Investigations’ but here’s a little 5min news vid:
https://youtu.be/POXjwIJk14U

8 Likes

One of my favourite channels: Boeing 737 Roof blown away!! Aloha Airlines flight 243 - YouTube

ob-meme

nerd

1 Like

16 Likes