Go Memes! 🧐

8 Likes

:thinking:
I don’t get it.

It’s a dirty joke.

Wang is the romanisation of a very common Chinese name 王 WĂĄng, and also the less common æ±Ș Wāng.

However, wang is also American slang for the p*nis, Uncle Wang’s “ruler”. It’s suggested that that sense may derive from a word whangdoodle used in American poetry ca. 1856, a “whimsical monster”.

3 Likes

So the box in the picture is an actual go game and the joke is just about the name?

3 Likes

I think so, yeah.

2 Likes

15 Likes

cookie (am I doing this right?)

https://twitter.com/And_Dads_Car/status/1375734339707699200
Ah Yes, Saturdays Are Made For Dads - YouTube

11 Likes

monster seki

seki monster

12 Likes

2 Likes

Reference

3 Likes

Sorry, I wouldn’t call Earth “settled” yet. Although most of the big places are taken (except Antarctica?), there is still a lot of fighting around the boundaries, with reductions and invasions going on.

13 Likes

most of the big places are taken

There’s still a lot of empty space: Alaska, the Sahara, Mongolia, almost all of Australia

Australia has three people / sq. km, Canada has four, Russia has nine, Brazil has 25, and the contiguous USA has about a hundred. Earth as a whole (land only, without Antarctica) has around 150.

England, where I live, has about 430

How should we define unsettled in terms of population density? < 100 people / sq. km? In that case, somewhat over half of the world’s countries qualify.

Hmm. Excluding Antarctica, there are about 135,000,000 sq. km of land. An approach could be taken to divide this into, say, 27 zones of 5,000,000 sq. km each and use those as standard density measures. In comparison, the contiguous USA is about 3,000,000 sq. km. The zones with < 50 ppl. / sq. km could be regarded as unsettled.

1 Like

Go_clock

6 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes
          der

extended lad

11 Likes

This saddens me. How hard is it to throw on a copy of Gnugo? Especially when you already have the graphics work done for the Gomoku game?!?.

7 Likes

Chess is there

2 Likes

I see nothing—only a deep nothingness between the weird reversible Go stones and Shogi.

10 Likes

You’re right. Must have missed it. I think I’ll see if I can find a larger image of this.