Go Memes! 🧐

Finally we found the divine move!!!

3 Likes

What? Live small in gote!? I don’t think so!

3 Likes

16 Likes

13 Likes

Original

“Marble Champion” by Norman Rockwell (1939)

11 Likes

2 weeks ago I accepted this game. I thought it has Absolute time control, but it has Simple …

lost

108m/move

19 Likes

That would have the potential to be really horrible :confounded:

Potentially 3 straight weeks of needing to play every 1.5-3 hours continuously :sob:

5 Likes

15 Likes

Why do I mostly see faces? (Rhetorical Question)

6 Likes

Funny, I mostly see pelvises haha :rofl:

7 Likes

Or alien insect fossils?

5 Likes

What are you all looking at???
I just see a bunch of Rorschach blots! :grin:

2 Likes

Me too, LOL

2 Likes

Do we need a “what do you see?” thread!?

2 Likes

dia 9 i see two profiles facing each other with a big black stone under their ears

1 Like
This must be why I see mostly faces...

Many_Faces_of_Go_The_1991_screenshot
I own v12, and still really like this program. The program adjusts it’s difficulty based on your rank, and when playing non-ranked games or reviewing a game, you can just click on a group to see it’s status and places where you can make eyes, and where you need to play to make a group live. It can offer move suggestions for killing, surrounding, attacking, reducing, or invading. The included library of pro games is also very good (end of rant).

2 Likes

how old is this v12? does it have AI engine?

1 Like

MFoG v12 was released in 2016. It does not not use Neural Networks, if that’s what you are asking. All the playing intelligence was coded by David Fotland. You can use it as an GUI to play any Go program that supports GTP (Go Text Protocol), but you won’t get the “live” move suggestions unless you are using the built-in engine. You can always get the suggestions when your are reviewing the sgf file.

"The Many Faces of Go" is the 2010 World Computer Go 13x13 champion, the 2008 World Computer Go 19x19 and 9x9 champion, the 2002 World Computer Go Champion, 1998 World Computer Go Champion, and ten time US Computer Go Champion.

1 Like

yep that’s what I was asking. Old gen AI.

1 Like

16 Likes